Blurry windows ?

Had a couple bring a truck back telling me the windows were "blurry" its a '14 silverado. We did 5% on top of factory rear. 15% two front windows. Ill admit there were 2-3 dust specs, but thats not not what they were complaining about. They told me the windows were blurry and they had never had this before on previous jobs done.....Have you ever looked really close at film at at angle and seen most brands of films have a kind of texture or grainy look in the day light if you look close enough?

I tried to explain that the film was completely dry and what they were seeing was normal, but the guy wouldnt have that.

I told him if he wants a second opinion by all means he can go to any other shop and see what they say, I know i do a good job, shaved edges, no gaps, no creases, pull back nearly all panels, and rarely have any combacks.

I just dont know what else to tell the guy. Am i crazy? I know ive looked real hard at every film and all films have some sort of very slight oragne / grainy look if you look hard enough.

Anyone had this issue?

I had a guy a few weeks ago call and tell me his windows were hazy or blurry....he brought it in and I looked and seen smears from someone "cleaning" the window.  I grabbed my glass cleaner and towel and cleaned it off... He proceeded to tell me that he sees a haze.  I look and all I see is window film.  Maybe a bit of a haze but it is a 20% film and it looks totally normal to me. 

He gets mad that I won't do anything for him.  His truck I tinted "doesn't look like that" nor do his friends who "sent him to me" His friend had looked at it too and said it was "not normal".  He would just have to take it to someone else and pay to have it re-done.  Good luck with that.  I hope he tells them WHY he is having it done so they can evaluate rather to even deal with him....

It was a Ford Edge? SUV Crossover thing with laminated glass and I wonder if it is the laminated glass that is the "difference" that they are seeing.....

Anyway, I feel your pain KID.

People sometimes amaze me -.-

Guy picked it up after i redid the work.... He said look there it is again.

I told him what? The moisture? Sir that takes 2 days to dry atleast, just like i had told you when you picked it up the first time.

Apparently he had mistaken the moisture for blurry bubbles the first two days even after i had explained curing time.

On the 3rd day(today) his wife brought it by and he today had not even looked at the windows. She insisted that the bubbles were still there, i assume just to not contradict her husband.

He then says, oh those were gone this morning? Well if those are going to dry then thats fine (:

I was really pissed off but still polite and told him yes thats the moisture i told you about the first time.....wish u would have looked at it today before assuming the bubbles were still there.....

I told him id strip the windows and give him a refund. He insisted he wanted the work redone, but refused to have anyone look at it because the "other" shop would say, "you should've brought it to us in the first place"

I figured i had already lost a customer/referal, if redoing the job would make him happy and avoid a bad yelp review...id take it.... We agreed if i re did them it would end there regardless of the finished product.....

When the film cures, and he sees the amazing job i did, i hope he will realize what he had asked for....im just glad its over.....

I experienced this a while back. A very nice lady brought me a ford suv for a r and r on the two fronts. I know where it was tinted previously and couldn't believe they had gotten a bad job. Sure enough what they were complaining about was this sort of grainy orange peel look when you look at it super close. I politely refused the job and tried my best to explain to her that she had in fact gotten an excellent job the first time around and that chances were mine wouldn't please her either.

I once worked for someone that would tell the customer that if it doesn't clear up after 30 days, to then bring it back. 99% of the time the customer would never show up again and I assume because they got use to the way the windows looked. 

Archived