Glass upgrade

Very Interesting thread,

So, we have a lightly tinted bronze glass for the outside pane with SolarGard grey/silver20 or 15 installed on the #2 side encapsulated inside an IG unit, with a Low-E coating on the #3 side.

Would adding vent tubes on the spacer help or not ............. ?

Will having a Low-E coating on the #3 side make the film last longer or even cause the film to degrade at a much faster rate ........... ?

What type of spacer would be the best choice for this scenario.............. ? 

What direction are the windows facing ........... ?

What is the size of the windows ................?

Awesome.

Thanks gents!

I'll still make a call on Monday to SG and see if I can get a hold of Rob?

Fantastic point TE made.

I didn't even think of that.

Heat soaked toughened, first time I ever heard of it and apparently it's the best of the best?

The glazier has been stressing about this and I can't wait to tell him that it shouldn't be a problem.

Not a super huge job, but I won't be telling them that :)

Cheers.

do not apply film prior to assembly
Why not Tikka?

I've got that Reverse Grey 20 up all over town for the last 10 years or so, we'll be well retired before you have to worry about film failure.

Get stuck in mate

We must be using a different box Rocky as most of RG20P Rev has gone to god within the 7 year warranty period and I fitted heaps of it.

Perhaps a lower latitude with more exposure, who knows.

I had a whole massive house replaced only recently.....no tish here.

I only use the film for sunroofs nowadays.

Dev

Very Interesting thread,

So, we have a lightly tinted bronze glass for the outside pane with SolarGard grey/silver20 or 15 installed on the #2 side encapsulated inside an IG unit, with a Low-E coating on the #3 side.

Will having a Low-E coating on the #3 side make the film last longer or even cause the film to degrade at a much faster rate ........... ?

I'll find out more tomorrow.

Very Interesting thread,

I was told around a year ago by an expert glazier that a 23-25mm or 1" gap between surface 2 and 3 is an ideal gap for a double glazed unit.

That could be to suite the Ausitralian conditions though... Not 100% sure. I would imagine that having a film on surface 2 would help preserve the film on surface 3, however, because a number of the LowE films such as VEP and EcoLux rely on their scratch coat being exposed to radiant heat for best performance, so that could also affect the amount of heat it reflects as the scratch coat surface will be facing the opposite direction if applied to surface 3.

Cheers

Film will only be applied to surface 2 before the IGU units are assembled.

This is to make the bronze glass darker to match the existing glass as best we can.

No film at all to go on surface 3 or 4.

The internal pane will be lowE glass.

Very Interesting thread,

VEP and EcoLux rely on their scratch coat being exposed to radiant heat for best performance, so that could also affect the amount of heat it reflects as the scratch coat surface will be facing the opposite direction if applied to surface 3.

Cheers

I've never heard of that GT nor ever seen it written in any technical articles so far.

Devil

Very Interesting thread,

Will having a Low-E coating on the #3 side make the film last longer or even cause the film to degrade at a much faster rate ........... ?

find out if the units are ARGON filled?

If they are id be asking if this will affect the film in any way , plus I will ask my tech department tomorrow for some other answers

Archived