recommend me a table & cutting mat?

So, in my battle against contamination following on from my other thread, my next purchase is going to be a dedicated cutting table, and then i'll make some brackets to hold a 40" roll on the side.

So my question is what tables are you using? I need something 40" deep(or just over), and then probably 55/60 inches long?

I'm on a tight budget, but needs must, so want something decent, any ideas, or links are appreciated! 

Cheers guys.

There are as many options as there are film shops.

Try the search tool up at the top right. You should find many variations of tint or cutting tables.

We use both glass topped and cutting mats as shown in this thread.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/79784-how-about-a-little-3m-dichroic-in-the-news/

a cutting table is not going to do anything much for contamination.  If you peel the film laying flat on a table then you are really going to see contamination as that is the worst place, IMO.  Make a peel board if you need something to cut and peel off of.  An old glass sliding patio door is great if you can find one.  Otherwise find a nice 1/4" piece of glass, tempered if you can, and make a peel board.....

I peel and cut on cars.  Dirty ones I will spray the door and then lay a piece of film liner over the dirt to cover up the dirty mess.  Wipe the glass clean and you should have a pretty nice peeling surface that is RIGHT THERE and not across the room.

Brill idea about the liner and car, thanks! These are the things that will hopefully improve my work.

I'm looking at making a mobile peel board from some conservatory roof panels.

a cutting table is not going to do anything much for contamination.  If you peel the film laying flat on a table then you are really going to see contamination as that is the worst place, IMO.  Make a peel board if you need something to cut and peel off of.  An old glass sliding patio door is great if you can find one.  Otherwise find a nice 1/4" piece of glass, tempered if you can, and make a peel board.....

I peel and cut on cars.  Dirty ones I will spray the door and then lay a piece of film liner over the dirt to cover up the dirty mess.  Wipe the glass clean and you should have a pretty nice peeling surface that is RIGHT THERE and not across the room.

Archived