Showroom Displays

Absolutely, I believe Avery was meant to switch to solid colour adhesive but just ran into that with a full wrap in Matte Orange, nice and vibrant as a swatch but then wrapped on a silver car definitely made it duller. Also means overlaps for joins are more noticeable also.

I also like lots of the colours in the 3M range but the customers we get are hesitant to pay what we consider industry standard wrap pricing let alone if we add more to cover the 3M difference. I sure wouldn't cover the costs myself. Just not an easy sell.

I started with 3M 1080, I remember doing a car one day and running out near the end, I couldn't get more of the colour quickly so I got it in Avery. The install difference was immediately noticeable and if a product is easier to install it requires less labour. I really do think things like humidity can come into play, I mean hey some people choose hexis as their weapon of choice and for us the lost labour to install that cr@p stuff would drive me crazy!

Understood.  I wouldn't recommend purchasing 76 of them.  Much easier to get one display, and chain a swatch deck to the stand offs.  Swatch decks can easily be updated with new colors.

Wow $65 each, that will be one expensive colour wall !

That and the fact 1080 is more expensive than Avery Supreme. More money for a product that is not as easy to install IMO

Archived