done with windshields

it's completely illegal in North Carolina so what's even the point of doing it

Wording in the statute text says a clear transparent material can be installed to the windscreen.

50% ain't clear And that's what i get asked for most of the time.

Uh huh, so there's 70's, 80's and 90's these days. Fock what they want sell what can be used. :lol

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also i know selling those films theta about a 95% chance no one would catch it but the laws the law and if the fuzz wanted to be a dick about it he could probably still give them a ticket.

Nah, no troubles in NC with Air 80.  Dealer's selling it like hot cakes and the NC DMV does not have an issue with it.  It's the obvious stuff that gets attention and is prone to be ticketed. 

Will i was all geared up to do the reverse roll on a back glass tonight and what do i get? A 2013 kia optima hybrid. Had to revert back to my old ways on that one. I know someone is gonna say you could have rolled it up split in the middle and all of that stuff but it's late and i was ready to be done. Car was cake though. Got another windshield tomorrow also got to look at the one i did yesterday. It was nose to glass problems that were few and far between. Thanks again guys for the help.

do any of you guys do the reverse roll off of the windshield? I had a older model work truck that was pretty nasty today that I had to do the whole windshield on. The first attempt did not come out good at all. The second attempt was better but still had some contamination in it. The customer seem to be satisfied with it being that it was a work truck and that it was pretty nasty to start with. I feel like it should have turned out better. I lifted the film to clean the windshield on one half at a time. clean the underside of the film and then laid it back down. I also clean the top part of the film where the release liner is. Then I roll the film up. They majority of the contamination seemed to be on the driver side where I first started the film. Any ideas if this is coming from having to peel off of the windshield it self and not my glass wall?

do any of you guys do the reverse roll off of the windshield? I had a older model work truck that was pretty nasty today that I had to do the whole windshield on. The first attempt did not come out good at all. The second attempt was better but still had some contamination in it. The customer seem to be satisfied with it being that it was a work truck and that it was pretty nasty to start with. I feel like it should have turned out better. I lifted the film to clean the windshield on one half at a time. clean the underside of the film and then laid it back down. I also clean the top part of the film where the release liner is. Then I roll the film up. They majority of the contamination seemed to be on the driver side where I first started the film. Any ideas if this is coming from having to peel off of the windshield it self and not my glass wall?

Nope, especially not this time of year.  Pollen is starting to fly.  You need a glass peel board to ready yourself for a reverse roll.  The whole point is to manage the film and alleviate potential contamination.  With a clean peel board that is large enough you'll be headed into the car knowing your film is clean.  Off the car, it's a crap shoot.

Archived