Prefered material for bagging glue

Every film is different. I installed some cheap stuff on my mother-in-laws car about 9-10 years ago. My wife was given the car during Christmas and the film has been bad for at least 3 years. It took 3 solid days of soaking it to finally get the majority of it off without scraping and damaging the defroster lines.

I always us 2 old rear window liners. I put a vertical seam in the middle of the window, overlapping a few inches. I trim to fit, and coat with ammonia and joy(slows down drying out). Two pieces let's me work on one side while still soaking the other. Timing is key, not long enough doesn't work and to long dries out. For stubbornly old cheap film I'll tint with scraps installing with strait alcohol to dry quick and hope the new tint bond's to the old and pulls it off after thirty minutes in the sun or heat gun. I would like to learn more about solutions other than ammonia to try as its unpleasant to use.

Archived