Prefered material for bagging glue

There has been a lot of talk lately about removing film from backglasses with defrosters.  Everyone seems to bag them at some point or another,,,,,so my question is,,,, 

What is your prefered material for bagging a backglass??  I tend to use old film(the end of a roll).  Some people use the thick black trash bags (the thin ones don't work well IMO).  What else do you guys use to make this process easier?  And why do you think it works better?  

Do you think the black bags work better because they create more heat?? or do you think it even matters??  Do you think that more heat will dry up your solution quicker, therefore making you have to soak it more??  

cheap black 30 gallon trash bag.  I use the same one for a few years or more....just lay it out to dry when done.  Of course I don't do a whole lot of removals but that has always worked for me.

I think anything but black and you are just spinning your wheels.  If the window is not getting good and hot then I don't think it works well.  As for the solution evaporating, the black plastic is not letting it out and the window glass is not letting it out so as long as the bag is on the window and not laying loose then the solution you have sprayed should stay in place just fine.

I disagree with the bag having to always be black. Dark films absorbs heat, the liner helps keep the solution from evaporating quickly. Yes, I will use a black garbage bag to sweat the film if it is really faded but not always needed.  :twocents

See, this is why I ask question like this.  I have seen both clear and black liners work.  Not sure which one works better :?  Never had that many removals that close together where I could test it.  Thank goodness :facepalm (that would suck actually) 

I've use liners and trash bags both white/black and thick/thin. All have worked well enough for me to not have a preference. Though I think there is something to be said for the black bags absorbing and holding the heat a little better on the partly cloudy days where the sun won't stay out. 

I just did a 98/99 Mercedes.  The backglass was the usual purple with an even amount of bubbles all over it.  You know the ones.  I started the peel to see what it was going to do.  It started to separate layers at the bubbles(just as expected).  I changed my angle of removal and it started popping the bubbles loose as I got to them.......then the bottom half just let go   :imok  and left all those little(and big) spots of film all over the place. 

Now, I cut a piece of old film off the end of a roll, to fit the glass.  I sprayed it down with Sprayaway 894 and put the film up and let it soak. Inside the shop - not outside in the sun, while I stripped the rest of the car.  I went back to scrub the remainder with steel wool.  The 894 allowed the film to just come loose, and of course the glue was pretty much gone.  Now the usual problem is when there is still film on the glass and not exposed glue.  But this wasn't an issue for the 894.  and I didn't use sunlight.  It was kinda easy.  I just had to have the time to let it soak.  

So I guess my point here, Is that the film is a porous enough that given enough soaking time the 894 will eat thru with or without sun. I'm sure this depends on how many layers are left.  But it worked so I'm happy.  :DD

Archived