Black chrome NEED HELP

Alright, so recently I purchased a vvivid8 black chrome vinyl, and I've had some trouble installing it on my 2008 bmw 525i on sharp corners. I'll use the mirrors as an example. My mirrors have sharp, 70°+ edges, and I always end up with wrinkles that I just can't get out. The most I've ever covered on my mirror without issues is the face and two sides. The way I apply it is by using no heat on the face, and light to medium heat with stretching around the corners. As soon as I see wrinkles that I can't get out by stretching, I'll add more heat, but that just makes them worse. I've also tried wrapping the sides of the mirror with a seperate piece of vinyl and then making a butt seam with the face, but it's far too noticeable. Does anyone have any advice? It would really be appreciated!

You need to pre stretch the film. Then shrink it on the mirror. Remember when it's curing it's going to shrink some and you don't want edges popping up on you. Also the fingers will be much easier to handle.

It's black chrome, it doesn't stretch

Cant comment on the stretchability of vivid but it definitely should stretch to some degree. Would try to stretch an offcut to test.

I would recommend signing up to the wrap institute if you are unable to get to any courses.

Archived