Llumar... denied a non territorial product after years of loyalty?????

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think you are a flipping idiot Tintmaster B.  You can't buy Llumar film from Llumar so you are buying from Ebay!  Good luck with that one.  Funny thing is that you have NO support from Llumar with that arrangement.  You have no respect for your former long time boss and "friend" either. 

Welcome to "the thunderdome" we love to call Tintdude!

I feel your pain.some times they don't get it right.

I remember when they wouldn't let us be a formula one shop when we bought 36 k a year on film.

then the reps opened 3shops out here and they where formula ones.talk about some bs. I'm still here and the shop are gone. I don't see way they won't sell it to you.it there mistake don't let it get you down.just find some other films

express.solar FX. Flex films.are good replacement.

I feel your pain.some times they don't get it right.

I remember when they wouldn't let us be a formula one shop when we bought 36 k a year on film.

then the reps opened 3shops out here and they where formula ones.talk about some bs. I'm still here and the shop are gone. I don't see way they won't sell it to you.it there mistake don't let it get you down.just find some other films

express.solar FX. Flex films.are good replacement.

Thank you for the vote of confidence Shade, it is greatly appreciated!!

Shawn

I quit Llumar for almost this same reason.  They tried to put a spending cap on my orders and if I didn't meet that number, they moved me to another pricing tier   :facepalm2   Good Film just not a fan of their business methods.  And they are not the only film in the business.  There are plenty of other good films that will match or beat Llumar.  

If I need to use Llumar,, I order from Meyer Distributing...........So does that make me flipping idiot also Ryker :?

Llumar (Eastman) are the kings - generals - masters - experts - at producing window films.

Give me a flippin break!!!

Hey Zues,

I may have slightly overcooked the Eastman turkey with that comment... :thumb

But Eastman are no doubt the number #1 when it comes to producing polyester window film.

They produce the most film by a country mile, and much of it is very good.

I am more than open to be made aware of who has knocked them off the top if you could enlighten me?

Or are you just expressing your distaste in the way I presented my high regard of the polyester products produced by the Eastman company?

Cheers

I'm not bad mouthing nor disrespecting anyone, I'm only stating fact and as well as voicing an opinion, as well as get opinions from fellow tinters..... Maybe y'all are taking me the wrong way, and that's cool too. If I had a problem with llumar I wouldn't continue to use it . I'm still installing it and flying their banner proudly.... And I use to respect my former employer, highly, but no I dont anymore that's my choice because you see respect goes both ways and trust me I have my reasons... Anyhow I will still be using this product till the day I die and no 1 will change that. I've talked to other dealers that are not happy at the fact that there's more than one llumar dealers in close proximity to their shop yet they don want to have another one 20 miles away from this one. Anyways I just wanted to get it off my chest

Okay, going to apologise before I finish reading the thread then. Definitely did take you the wrong way. And now I get it. Yeah, would bum me out to I guess hey.

I thought there was only one company who was capable of producing the polyester from scratch? And didn't think it was llumar....

On another note, anybody who knocks llumar does so on name. Without a doubt, their premium films are at the top. No question. I know you'll be bale to find llumar products re labelled, which would give you a warranty? Or you could just buy the way you do and have faith as I guess I would?

One opportunity I do see which shouldn't go unnoticed, is to supply your customers with a choice of the best from a select few distributors, and offer your customers a line of the best from llumar, and a couple other premium films. If you can't be the "same" as your competition it's really a great thing, because you can only be better or worse. Be better, be different. Offer his products, and then offer the customer something he doesn't have that's better.

Archived