Deceiving back glass while heat shrinking

If you're like me I'm sure you've seen some back windows that you thought would be tough to shrink but turned out to be simple :bubbles Yet at the same time you've worked on a vehicle that looked simple but turned out to be difficult :hmmm

From my experience one of the most intimidating looking windows that turned out to be very simple is a mazda RX8

post-37617-0-82774800-1431401421_thumb.j

While the altima coupe looks simple it's actually a decent challenge and much more difficult than the mazda

post-37617-0-00618300-1431401540_thumb.j

What are some other vehicles you've worked on where they turned out to be much easier or much more difficult than you originally thought?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I did a Toyota MR-2 (the 2nd gen) with that little short curved backglass.  It laid out just fine and I thought great, no problem.  Then I went to install it and it was at least 1/4" short   :facepalm  First time I learned about the glass being "bigger" on the inside if the curve is outward.  It was a good learning experience :thumb 

post-28358-0-83252400-1431435159_thumb.j

This is another one that is RATHER difficult.  Like the Altima,,  the 4-door version of this car isn't that bad.  But don't let this backglass fool you :nope It is a clinic on slow shrinking.  There is a lot of compound curve there.  Tough to do !! 

2002 Chrysler Sebring Coupe

post-28358-0-19379900-1431437296_thumb.j

This is another one that is RATHER difficult.  Like the Altima,,  the 4-door version of this car isn't that bad.  But don't let this backglass fool you :nope It is a clinic on slow shrinking.  There is a lot of compound curve there.  Tough to do !! 

2002 Chrysler Sebring Coupe

attachicon.gif2002-chrysler-sebring-lxi-coupe-rear_01.jpg

Is that basically the same as the dodge stratus coupe? I believe I did one that looked similar and I think it was the stratus and like you said it's much more difficult then it looks at first.

Archived