Different bg methods

:yeah  It's the cleanest way IMO, except I go from left to right.

Also I seen you mentioned about it creasing? If you're doing the whole reverse roll or taco roll although I've never heard of that, But if you're reaching the end of your window/film. Instead of trying to pull the liner off while you're also trying to lay the film up on the glass, just let the film slightly drop on the right or left side (depending if you go from left-right) and cradle the film under your hand to support it and while pulling the liner will release with no struggle and no creases.  :thumb

I like to reverse roll it up off the peel board, then unroll it on to the back deck & lift to the glass. A little tricky at first, but once you master it this method really proves useful. Especially for being able to tuck the film behind the 3rd brake light.

I was a Frankie guy myself but then I started doing the reverse roll and my BG started to come out cleaner and I found it easier to do some of the bigger windows with this method. Plus I'm not the tallest guy and Frankie was hard on some cars for me.

I've always been a Frankie guy as well. I don't quite know how to reverse roll a rear glass with the curve. I've tried reverse roll for truck back windows with success but rolling up a sedan BG evenly so it will unroll effectively inside the car has not worked for me.

I've always been a Frankie guy as well. I don't quite know how to reverse roll a rear glass with the curve. I've tried reverse roll for truck back windows with success but rolling up a sedan BG evenly so it will unroll effectively inside the car has not worked for me.

It's tricky at first but such a useful technique. 

As far as setting up the roll so it unrolls effectively as you say the issue is. Where are you setting your reverse roll at? on the BG or on a peel board?

Only reason I ask is because when I was first learning to reverse roll I did it off a flat peel board which made me lose direction and I would wonder off with a ridiculous roll.

To train myself a bit I just cleaned the surrounding area of the BG on the outside after the film had been shrank and cut, and did my reverse roll setup while on the BG as you can get a better visual of how straight your roll is going to be. 

Even if it's slightly off you can easily straighten it out by putting a finger through one of the ends and twisting it gently to align the film to it's center. Also helps to tighten the roll up a bit so you won't crease it from being so loose. The neater and tighter the reverse roll setup is, the cleaner the unravel will be. 

Goodluck! 

That's a big part of the problem I guess. I roll it off of a peel board. I'll try the BG next time I get ambitious. I recently tinted a new accord coupe and quickly wished I had the reverse roll in my arsenal , that BG is HUGE!

Archived