Would you help me??

So i have been working non stop on learning how to tint over the past 2 months. I am doing really well and have already done several back windows and a ton of side windows and am getting good. I want to take my skills to the next level and want guidance from a professional or a mentor of sorts. There are classes cross country that i am considering but i need some opinions or thoughts. There is a shop close to my house independently owned and this guy, Jason is a beast. Hes tinted all my cars since i was 16 and he posts on facebook daily of his cars always real nice. Sometimes he has 3 corvettes in one day and he works alone. Anyways i was thinking of going in and telling him what ive been doing and seeing if i could watch him work, even for a price. Its not like i would be stealing his competetion and definitely not any time soon. He is a nice guy and the worst thing he could say is no. Do you guys think i should do it? I want to so bad.

If you want to do sales, which you will be doing if you work for yourself, better get used to "no". Like you said, what's the worst he could say? I did the same thing with a guy I met at a tint supplier open house. It's been almost a year and although I don't go to his shop daily, it's a far drive, we have become pretty good friends and help each other.

Offer to clean the windows and grab lunch in exchange for job shadowing. Make it clear to him what your intentions are down the road and as long as you're not going to be working in his neck of the woods then he may allow you to.

If he says no respect his decision and don't take it personal.

Archived