what cars do you charge more for?

Price usually just goes up depending on the film used in my case, I haven't really ran into a tough car just yet that I would charge additional for. Although I know older models like 90's or pre 90's may bite me in the rear here and there. But I mostly get nothing but new vehicles. I guess that up charge would go depending on how much difficulty that car is causing you, and how much time "wasted" or should I say invested is going into that particular installation. 

I charge more for merc, bmw, vw and anything high end. I figure if parts and everything are more expensive, then make them pay more for tint too. I hate custys that get these vehicled and want it tinted for $100. If you cant afford the tint, you should of bought a Kia then.

I charge more for merc, bmw, vw and anything high end. I figure if parts and everything are more expensive, then make them pay more for tint too. I hate custys that get these vehicled and want it tinted for $100. If you cant afford the tint, you should of bought a Kia then.

BANG ON :thumb

ill say a higher price to cars that are harder to do or take me longer to do.  sometimes people complain and then (after warning them) its too easy to say "listen, i have done a couple of this car before, and i know what it takes to do one of these"

ill say a higher price to cars that are harder to do or take me longer to do.  sometimes people complain and then (after warning them) its too easy to say "listen, i have done a couple of this car before, and i know what it takes to do one of these"

I agree with that, most of the process and interaction with customers is educating them. They believe the process is so "blunt" I've had a few dispute the price and say "Why? why is it so much? Don't you just put the film on there and that's it?!" Like, yes, all I do is wet the glass lay the film over it and send you on your way. 

I also add that there are fuse panels that need to be covered properly to make sure no water gets to them, covering the door panels to protect their investment. 90% of the time when I have tough consumers that are agitated by prices and discuss all this with them, they no longer question my reasoning on the price I charge them. Anything worth doing, is worth doing right the first time. 

Archived