Grass melting

Got a call from a turf guy that has an untinted upstairs window that is melting his synthetic grass. I know I have read about this on here somewhere but nothing came up during my search. Anyone have a solution? He wants me to apply frost on the exterior but that wouldn't be my first choice. Any help is appreciated.  

How far is the grass from the window? And why exterior? Is it not accessible to tint from the interior? I figure by just saying it's a window upstairs it's still in some sort of room. I would think a one way mirror is going to keep the synthetic grass from melting. But that would also mean cutting down on a lot of natural light. 

I'm sure someone else will come up with a better solution to this, but I'm just curious as to the specifics. Distance from the grass to the window, dual pane/single, and if they want to still keep natural light coming in or not. Him wanting frost seems that he doesn't care too much about seeing out. 

For the  sun to have that much reflection on a piece of glass to melt plastic, it seems that it's probably a low-e glass. If thats the case any film applied to the inside will increase the reflectivness . Exterior frost would work . Another alternative would be----------- Ugh-----  a shade screen  :lol

Most likely hi-performance lowE on # 2 surface of dual pane involved here. Dual pane units are made with a negative bow or concave; ) (, by removing the air in their spacing. A vacuum enough to cause the glass to bow inward slightly when not exposed to the sun. This is to allow for the dead air (or gas filled) to expand when the sun is heating up the unit to the point it is convex rather than concave, ( ) or flat | |. In rare instances where the sun's angle is just right on the glass that is in this state; ) (, the reflection off the outer pane's surface concentrates the sun's energy like a heat ray.

The way to neutralize the effect is to install a IR absorbing exterior film (such as LLumar's THE 80 aka exterior AIR 80) or fashion a screen to mount like a storm window over the entire window area.  Film applied to the internal will not change or impact this phenomenon. 

Archived