Somebody please save my a$$

I have been tinting for close to six months and am finally perfecting most back windows EXCEPT.... I just had to send home a 2002 Bonneville because of the damn reverse curve! Some may know but i posted a topic a couple months ago because an 02 camaro was kicking my a$$ as well. I have done my research on these cars too! I dont know what it is about these reverse curves, because i am good at shrinking and at handling film as well! Can someone give me any GOOD tips??

I know most people will say to not shrink the bottoms on these bonnevilles. I tried it wet and failed. Then i dried it with a drier sheet and shrink the top only and couldnt get the bottom flat. Can someone tell me if there is a very specific way you need to squeegee the bottom if done without shrinking???

I do feel safer when shrinking the bottom. i had success doing the camaro this way.

Sorry to bring up old topics guys but for some reason i cannot get these windows. Also having the slightest doubt in the back of my mind while doing these windows doesnt help either. Grrrrr!!! I can usually figure these things out but i really need some guidance on this one. Rest of the car is tinted!!

Thanks for reading

-Brandon

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty sure the reverse curve glass should snap right in. all you would have to do is shrink the tops. Honestly if a customer called for a quote on an old piece of junk like that I would tell them 10 000 I don't like working on cars like that. I say kick it to the curb and book something newer

Ok but how?? I prefer not to be shrinking on the inside

It is a good idea to have a helper on the outside with a heat gun(lightly heating the curve spots)  as you are installing.  This will also make the adhesive tack up and take the curve better.  

Hmmm. Shadytints has a good video where he shrinks the bottom dry with powder and says shrink the middle first but not the sides then the sides and finish off wet. Im going to try that. At my day job until 3 pm unfortunately. Shadytints! How do you make it look so easy?? Haha

if the glass were out, you would shrink the bottom normally and be screwed on the top. scroll down on topic to the reverse curve and

watch the vid. reverse curves are easy when you understand how to shrink the pouches. the cobalt doors vid I did I could make one to

show finger free backglass as well. most BG I shrink in under a min with no fingers on the install. I see your in michigan, would

love to tint a car with you and exchange tips and tricks. centurys, regals and even the berretta is a cake walk once you get it. still

cant get the cutlas in one piece yet, still trying, maybe one day

Archived