1979 Dodge Ramcharger; take it or leave it?

They are easy.... I used to do those a lot way back then... open the gate and trip the latches closed. put a garbage can under the glass to support it when you open it... keep a hand on the glass to keep it from tilting too much. use a tint box or two to keep on top of the garbage can for the glass to rest on while you tint it.

I did the side long windows before I ever heard about shrinking so they aren't that bad. the roll downs are just like every other roll down window. The vent wings are where you will need some talent. if you take out the edge goo with a blade you can get a better fit with the film... Good luck! 

They are easy.... I used to do those a lot way back then... open the gate and trip the latches closed. put a garbage can under the glass to support it when you open it... keep a hand on the glass to keep it from tilting too much. use a tint box or two to keep on top of the garbage can for the glass to rest on while you tint it.

I did the side long windows before I ever heard about shrinking so they aren't that bad. the roll downs are just like every other roll down window. The vent wings are where you will need some talent. if you take out the edge goo with a blade you can get a better fit with the film... Good luck!

Umm. Yeah that exactly. :yeah Nice tintindeland :thumb

Also, never turn it down until you see it. And always accept/beat a challenge. :twocents

Take it! If you don't they might bring it to me :facepalm2

When I hear it's a "show car/truck" it makes me a bit nervous because many times they expect perfection and their old "show car/vehicle " isn't as clean as they like to think.

When I hear it's a "show car/truck" it makes me a bit nervous because many times they expect perfection and their old "show car/vehicle " isn't as clean as they like to think.

That's the first thing I told him as soon as I heard "1979" I set that expectation real quick.

I never schedule old cars or quote a price till I see it. welding spudder on the glass. laminate fogged so bad will look like

clouds going by. rotted gaskets. did a 47 plymouth and told him to replace the glass before i would touch it. and yes the price

went up. do alot of classics here with the dream cruise down the street. prefer the quick easy money but still like a challenge

if the price is right.

As long as you charge enough to make it worth your while, you can get a nice gob done on those with extra time spent on the details, clean, clean and clean some more, trim tight and lay it on!

Archived