3M bubbling

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heya,

If the film was on there for 11 years, then it isn't as bad as I have seen from other big name mannys. I have seen some flat rear screens go bad in less than 2 years. So, all in all it wouldn't be too bad IMO.

I'm pretty sure that CS and Crystalline are the only films that come with the three M logo, so my guess would be that it is CS. And most of the failure is contained around the demister bars, so I think they might have played their part also, just as Smarts stated.

Looks like the idea of having the makers label on the film can be a bit of a negative when the film goes belly up.

Cheers

I'd have to guess that any film will do that someday. No matter how good the materials are, they can't withstand that hot sun forever.

Hey TCracker,

To put a positive spin on tinting when film does this is to make the customer aware that the film has taken great punishment that otherwise would have been dealt to the rear of the car or the occupants. And can be removed and replaced far easier than replacing your upholstery.

Cheers

I'd have to guess that any film will do that someday. No matter how good the materials are, they can't withstand that hot sun forever.

Hey TCracker,

To put a positive spin on tinting when film does this is to make the customer aware that the film has taken great punishment that otherwise would have been dealt to the rear of the car or the occupants. And can be removed and replaced far easier than replacing your upholstery.

Cheers

That's a very good point

Good ole CS series! Back at another shop I installed for 4.5 years ago, it wasn't un-common to have redos like that within a couple years from the original install. Nice thing about it is that because it is only singly ply film, it is very easy to remove after bagging it or using a steamer.

Not sure if this is the same film then. I started off with the steamer but it starting to come apart in pieces. Currently bagging it and hoping it comes off easy.

Chance it's Crystalline 40. Guess I'll see for myself since it's on my car.  :spit

Archived