2015 charger BG

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

could be the varriance in the fims,  had a wrangler today and a audi a4.  not much to shrink on a wrangler of course,  preped it well i thought had one peanut and a couple thick defrost lines.  told custy wait 24 hours and they will wipe out.  audi only had the upper passenger side with some.  i think they dont make the grids like they used to.  rarely ever get peanuts but have had more on the new cars lately

Ocala,  I have been toching everything for 5 years.  the 15 charger and some 300's and now a few audis are the only one I have ever had peanuts on.  and thick defrost lines that need to dry before laying them down.  the dodge today,  made a wet line, no powder dryer sheet or soap,  not much to shrink.   listening to my squegee as i prohandled it out I could hear the burrs on the lines and the high spots.  as I mentioned I use a prohandle 5es and blue max.  takes alot of preasure to get it to conform to the thicker grids.  have some clear max (softer) which I think might be better to get the water out on these problem vehicles.  sometimes I tint ten vehicles a day between 4 cities and purchase 15 to 20k a year in film.  most I have no issues with.  trust me,  time is money and I am trying to figure out better solutons for these on a daily basis.

Powder shrinking is very fast for most cars,,sometimes after knocking down/shrinking the film,,I wet it under and finish wet shrink it better for the ones you can't get good squeege pressure=no room at the bottom of the glass

but dry soap/dryer sheet ends up smoother shrink on the glass and goes on kinda nice,,but not fast enough for me,,by the time the soap is dry,,I would already be done with the window?lol

Audi's and Mopar and older Vettes have the worst defrosters,,,and the Dot matrix or lines in the tops also add to pita,,if you shrink to much in one area it will lift or peanut in that area

No torching for me

thanks,  didnt think of using the scotch brite over a hard card.  tried steel wool but had small strands get stuck to the grid on bad ones.  start to rust after a couple days if ya miss them.  me thinks part of the problem is my apprentice not scrubbing hard enough,  might have to break out the whip and flog him

hard finding anyone who wants to work anymore much less do a good job and take pride in their work.  american dream is dead.  now its the obama dream.  find a job, get your 6 months in, get fired and collect unemployment for the next 2 years.  most my accounts,  the employees are trying to get fired but its against company poicy to fire so they dont have to pay unemployment.  screwed up world we live in

Archived