OMG....just need to vent....one of those days.

The best advice I have for you on this, is quit trying to go fast. I understand you are trying to figure out what works best for you, but trying to find which is the fastest way, verses the best way, are two different things.

Find what works for you, LEAVING NO ISSUES. If that is dryer sheets and hard cards, then fine. If it's baby powder and a torch,,,,good.

But you have to look at what works best for your install without having any problems during shrinking AND after install. If you shrink the back in just a couple of minutes and then fight it for almost an hour after install, because of fingers or peanuts, then you aren't doing yourself much good.

I know Stan likes to say we need it perfect, but a perfect shrink on the outside usually leads to a perfect install. Figure out which methods give you the best install the first time, not the fastest install every time and I think you will see that you are actually saving time in the end. :twocents

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry don't remember the study but the basics was this: "A nascar team was trying to improve their pit time, so I timed them during a race. After the race we met out at the track & I told them I was there to time then & asked them to do it as fast as they could.. Same time as during the race. Next I told them to slow down & relax, focusing on technique vs speed & in this "slow & relaxed" pace their time improved.... So faster isn't always faster :beer

I dance around all day while tinting. Music...... Gotta have it my bay. Trust me, not something you want to see :nope

Just look at the beautifully tinted windows and don't worry about how it happened. :heh

Archived