Older ford pickup wing window.. Need help!

on the outside, trim the rubber even with with the window.  on the inside wedge out a little.  wedge cut the film on the outside and trim 1/8 off the exposed edge.  dry fit it to make sure there are no light gaps.  the rubber wraps around the vent glass so trimming is not an issue.  clean the frame and front edge well.  light mist on the film only.  squegee water to the exposed edge.   

When trimming the vent window,,only have the blade barely sticking out of the knife and leave some excess film for another cut if necc= back edge,,,a second cut with the film closer to the frame size will cut better

I have genuine tint markers for cracks of daylight if it happens,,but they don't work good till all the water drys,,one lasted me 15+ years,,it dryed up I guess,,if I could get a really big marker I wouldn't need tint?lol

Like Shady said, trim out the rubber out the inside and all that gunk. Scrape, scrub and towel it clean. Believe it or not, I stopped pre-cutting those back when I did them every other day. I got a tight fit with no light gap that way, and came out super clean. Its all practice- practice- practice.

On those I would suggest a less experienced person use liner scraps to make a pattern. Once you get a good fit with a liner, then transfer the pattern to film, then lick and stick!

thats a good trick bro

I tend to save all of my triangle pieces that are left when I trim a roll up window on a car or truck.  That is why is say tint it once and then use that piece as a pattern.  It just seems easier to me than using a liner.  

It also tends to come out more exact because of letting the glue tack up a little, and you are on the inside where installing and not the outside.  :twocents

Of course, if that doesn't work properly,,,,,  You still have a liner to use because you just peeled one  :D  

Archived