Older ford pickup wing window.. Need help!

Tint it. Doesn't matter if it's clean. Just tint it the best you can. The take it off and use that as your pattern. When you take it off. Watch what needs to be fixed and cut a good pattern. Then install. :thumb

IMO, when tinting old trucks or vehicles like that, you have to prep the customer on what to expect more than the windows. Let them know up front there might be a slight light gap because of the frame and also let them know that because of the age of the vehicle, there could be more contamination then a car would have only being a year ot two old.

Maybe this will help, I struggled with precision cuts like that when I first started. I still do sometimes. I use my left index finger right in front of the blade, kinda hard to visualize say you're cutting left to right and your handle is pointed right, just use the tip on your fingernail to kinda push the tint in to flatten it out in front of your blade. It will look like you're cutting your fingertip off, please don't, and be careful.

IMO, when tinting old trucks or vehicles like that, you have to prep the customer on what to expect more than the windows. Let them know up front there might be a slight light gap because of the frame and also let them know that because of the age of the vehicle, there could be more contamination then a car would have only being a year ot two old.

Best advice

Archived