New to PPF

Would you know who may sell SUNTEK kits at a reasonable price ?

Thanks

I am not sure if Ebay is a good idea, please compare the Suntek prices there. Please check if the Suntek PPFs are coated, uncoated or with CAP-sheet.

Sidetrack: before the completion of Eastman acquisition, container-loads of first-generation Suntek PPF were dumped into Northeast Asia at extremely low prices.

Anyway, if you are getting a small quantity, bear in mind that, shipping costs from any cheaper supplier will be also significant. When you own your shop, I think you can access to more sample PPF at trial-prices or free.

I feel that Avery has the best PPF against yellowing. Many big names (not Suntek) turn yellows within a year. However, from where I am from, Avery does not offer a CAP-sheet variant.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks

I am not sure if Ebay is a good idea, please compare the Suntek prices there. Please check if the Suntek PPFs are coated, uncoated or with CAP-sheet.

Sidetrack: before the completion of Eastman acquisition, container-loads of first-generation Suntek PPF were dumped into Northeast Asia at extremely low prices.

Anyway, if you are getting a small quantity, bear in mind that, shipping costs from any cheaper supplier will be also significant. When you own your shop, I think you can access to more sample PPF at trial-prices or free.

I feel that Avery has the best PPF against yellowing. Many big names (not Suntek) turn yellows within a year. However, from where I am from, Avery does not offer a CAP-sheet variant.

Thanks for the response. I've seen some post pertaining to the "CAP-sheet"  Some of the posts said they have seen tunneling on the 60" rolls with CAP-sheet. These posts were a few years ago. So, I'm a little confused. Did the manufacturers who use CAP-sheets rectify this problem ?

Thanks

Thanks for the response. I've seen some post pertaining to the "CAP-sheet"  Some of the posts said they have seen tunneling on the 60" rolls with CAP-sheet. These posts were a few years ago. So, I'm a little confused. Did the manufacturers who use CAP-sheets rectify this problem ?

Most likely, yes. And just to be clear, LLumar went through several generations of their version of PPF before the acquisition of SunTek by Eastman. LLumar now is privvy to SunTek's PPF, which by all accounts seems to have the favor and price point many in that business are looking for.

Good luck and welcome to the forum and... don't ask my take on PPF as I only view as a new age duct tape.  :lol  :thumb

Thanks

Tunnelling usually happens when the film isn't wound tight on the roll either from the supplier or after you have cut a kit. Unfortunately the cap sheet seems to be a necessary evil on some films.

Regarding the training I would be more inclined to go with Xpel than MMM.

In the UK MMM are pretty much dead in the water with their 'new' pro series supposedly coming in now but its about two years too late here with Suntek, Xpel and Premium Shield all producing better films and far better back up as well as actively working on their new kit designs. I would be more interested in spending my money with a company that is being pro-active in the industry rather than one that just wants to shift boxes.

Steve 

Thanks

Tunneling usually happens when the film isn't wound tight on the roll either from the supplier or after you have cut a kit. 

Steve 

:yeah

Thanks

Most likely, yes. And just to be clear, LLumar went through several generations of their version of PPF before the acquisition of SunTek by Eastman. LLumar now is privvy to SunTek's PPF, which by all accounts seems to have the favor and price point many in that business are looking for.

Good luck and welcome to the forum and... don't ask my take on PPF as I only view as a new age duct tape.  :lol  :thumb

Thanks for the response.

Archived