-- Anything better than the True Smoke by Express Window Tint? --

Hi guys. 

I've bought me a 100' roll of 20% True Smoke 2 Ply NR from Window Express Films maybe 2 years ago.

I'm a DIY, and tint only my cars and my families. Not a full-time pro. I'm not doing this for a living.

I finally have used up the whole roll and now in the market again for another roll

I enjoyed working with the True Smoke film....but....I had hard time every time to get rid of the fingers on this film. 

And I was wondering if any of you know an easier film to work with that is around same price range or maybe a $50 more or so?

I paid around $140 for 40"x100' roll.

I just want to try something different and hopefully there's a film that is easier to work with (easier to iron out the fingers on curved glass).

Many thanks guys.

svldvc-- since you are already working with a good 2 ply film.  I would have to agree with jh and say that the finger issues you are having is just part of the learning curve.  Figuring out where and when and how much shrink to put in each particular piece to prevent fingers, is a tough part of the curve because all windows are different.  

Changing films won't really stop your issue.  Sure stronger faster acting adhesives will help with that, but it's really in the shrinking.  

Good luck with your practicing Sir.  

2 years and gone through a full roll doing your own cars?  Either you go through a lot of cars or wasted a lot of film. 

Hi Ocala, 

haha, yeah, I know it does sound like a lot of film  :P

But I also do on a side is fix up cars and flip them, and usually I tint them before I sell, and then onto a new vehicle  :)

So that's how roll was used up.

I still struggle a lot with the fingers on the back glass. 

Fingers on the side glass usually are not a problem.

Watched a ton of videos on tinting too, and try to do exactly like them on video on the back glass but can't succeed with the fingers, so that got me thinking maybe there's a better film out there.

I know that Llumar is good and Formula 1 but I can't buy it since I'm not a pro.

You probably shouldn't even think of those two at your level. They are both very good films but like you said you're not running a business just flipping. If you're getting fingers on the side you should be locking it down on the sides on the outside, then pushing those to the top or bottom.

I would ask if you are shrinking film with having fingers. Of course you can create fingers just by the way you squeegee the film. Good even strokes from the center out will make a difference. Going down the sides can press the film into fingers.

I would say go with the "classic series" film from express. Better film and still great price.

I would ask if you are shrinking film with having fingers. Of course you can create fingers just by the way you squeegee the film. Good even strokes from the center out will make a difference. Going down the sides can press the film into fingers.

I would say go with the "classic series" film from express. Better film and still great price.

Thank you All for all the comments and feedback.

I will keep on practicing and I think I'll try their "Classic Series" tint.  

Thank you.

Archived