Last One To Post Wins Game #547

Might want to try mobile for awhile.  If only getting 30% then you can do a 3rd amount of the work and get paid roughly the same.  We started paying our tinters commission (over double 30%), but now they are on salary.  It is easier for us because we now can dictate the pricing or hookups and it does not effect the tinter.  Much more expensive this way, but a win-win for everyone.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the mobile thing out here and it didn't go so well. We have shops here doing full jobs for $120 claiming to use the best film and I had those calls from people wanting me to match or beat that price and I tell them to go pound sand. I refuse to whore myself out like that. I had a dealer account when I first went on my own just to get my name out and ended up letting them go. They wanted me to match the last price they were getting from the other guy, all of the dealership employees were getting their cars done under the dealer price and they wanted me to drop what I was doing whenever they called whether it was one car or one window. The $120 did it for me though, no way I'm doing it for that. Don't care what film I'm using

Each ad is good for 6 weeks.  You can bump them back to the top 4-6 times during that time period by clicking renew.  We have hundreds on there right now for everything we do, but been slacking...normally have over 1000 ads.  In smaller areas you can get 10 ads up and they will help a lot.  I primarily advertise in the Auto/Electronics sections under for "Sale" and Auto under "Services".  There is no limit except Services which only allows up to 3 per day.

I tried the mobile thing out here and it didn't go so well. We have shops here doing full jobs for $120 claiming to use the best film and I had those calls from people wanting me to match or beat that price and I tell them to go pound sand. I refuse to whore myself out like that. I had a dealer account when I first went on my own just to get my name out and ended up letting them go. They wanted me to match the last price they were getting from the other guy, all of the dealership employees were getting their cars done under the dealer price and they wanted me to drop what I was doing whenever they called whether it was one car or one window. The $120 did it for me though, no way I'm doing it for that. Don't care what film I'm using

Yeah, I feel you.  Are you full time at shops or do you have time on the side?

Yeah, I feel you. Are you full time at shops or do you have time on the side?

Well right now I'm full time at one, and I work another one day a week. Sad thing is the one I work one day a week pays me better than the one I work 4 days out the week.

Archived