What shades do you carry in a high end film?

Just ordered a film to try out as an upsell. I don't plan on stocking but 40 and maybe 20%. Legal here is 35% which obviously is my best seller. I also sell a lot of 20 on the backs of trucks and suvs. Most people looking for 5 and what not probably aren't going to upgrade anyway.

Just ordered a film to try out as an upsell. I don't plan on stocking but 40 and maybe 20%. Legal here is 35% which obviously is my best seller. I also sell a lot of 20 on the backs of trucks and suvs. Most people looking for 5 and what not probably aren't going to upgrade anyway.

Yep, one of the main reasons I am okay without 5%.  99% of the time they are the cheaper customer.  What line did you bring in?

Hi  Tintcartel  :waving  

I would consider starting with the lighter shades like 35% or something close to your legal limit.  I don't see the point in carrying a darker high performance film. It just doesn't seem to add up and I haven't had one person ask for anything darker that 20% in a high end film.  

I think the reasoning behind the higher end films is the better heat rejection from the lighter shades.  Most people that want the higher heat rejection don't want a darker film.  

I would also pay attention to just how many people are asking for it and order accordingly.  Don't order up a whole  bunch of film you are just going to be sitting on.  It really depends on the area and the customer base in that area.  I ordered ceramic by the 50ft roll instead of 100ft and still haven't burnt up a whole roll yet.  It's just not hitting that big in my area.   

Good luck.  :beer 

I've already started asking around some. No hits just yet. When I did have done ceramic all it took was to get them in the door and show them the heat lamp. Almost instant sell then. I talked a lot with the rep yesterday about some strategies. Right now I just don't have the clientele to go from a 200 dollar job to a 400. Now say an added 50 to 75 on the life of the vehicle isn't that much to ask for.

Archived