HOW DO YOU PAY?

Is there any owner's on here that tint WITH employee's? If so what do you pay? 

Here's my problem: My husband and I are owner operators. We are tinting every day with our 2 employee's. The average car takes 45 minutes from start to finish with all four of us on it. My employee's are on a $400 a week salary with additional 10% commission on anything above $4000.00 for the week. Hours are about 35 hours each week. They want more money and I want to give more money but not sure how to base it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

That's what we have been doing. So when business was slow and say we only did 2200. A month they still got 400 ever week. A slow month is no typical for us. I'm just trying to give them more and make it fair. If you don't mind me asking what do you offer for a base salary and what hours do you except them to work?

Thats a tough one. Very difficult to make everyone happy if you are tag teaming vehicles. There will always be one that doesn't pull their weight, and if not there will be someone who feels another worker doesn't. My best advice if you pay on commission them each tinter would complete a job all on their own and responsible for any redo on said vehicle.

Tag teaming I would probably go base salary plus bonuses based upon work performance.

However I never intend to have employees. I would rather miss a couple jobs then have employees.

That's what we have been doing. So when business was slow and say we only did 2200. A month they still got 400 ever week. A slow month is no typical for us. I'm just trying to give them more and make it fair. If you don't mind me asking what do you offer for a base salary and what hours do you except them to work?

I can't disclose the exact amount, but much higher.  However we have only 1 tinter and average 15-25 full cars per week...35 hour work week.  I can say that one owner of a Tint World franchise said $500 weekly + 20% commission.

I work along side my boss, he gets a bay I get a bay. We do our own thing, only tag teaming if we're overbooked or running behind. I get paid hourly, but I work 6 days a week, 45 hours every week and make 550. I feel it's low, but whatever I've been at it a little over two years, I'll pay my dues for now.