Suntek Users

I've been using their HP line for a little while now, and it seems to be ok.. time will tell.. OT has some hanging on a wall/glass at his shop and it's held up for 2 years now I think.. says its ok so far :rollin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been using their HP line for a little while now, and it seems to be ok.. time will tell.. OT has some hanging on a wall/glass at his shop and it's held up for 2 years now I think.. says its ok so far :rollin

Yeah...it's faded a bit but it's not purple or anything. :shock Sometimes I think film might last longer on that wall because it's verticle, as opposed to a more horizontal back glass? Then again, it's exposed 24/7 :lol6 And it has been 2 years.

Guest Litespeeds

I have been using Suntek for a little over a year now. I do notice that the quality is not as good as it use to be. There seems to be alot more adhesive problems. After I tint a window, sometimes I notice an area where there is a distortion in the film. Looks like it has water in it but you can't push it out. I have sent several rolls back to them and they have sent me a replacement usually the next day. It is just a pain in the rear to tint a window and see that problem. If this problem keeps up, I am going to switch to another brand. :rollin

Guest metint
I have been using Suntek for a little over a year now.? I do notice that the quality is not as good as it use to be.? There seems to be alot more adhesive problems.? After I tint a window, sometimes I notice an area where there is a distortion in the film.? Looks like it has water in it but you can't push it out.? I have sent several rolls back to them and they have sent me a replacement usually the next day.? It is just a pain in the rear to tint a window and see that problem.?? If this problem keeps up, I am going to switch to another brand.?? :beer

LS...

CW (aka Suntek) is experiencing growing pains...

CPF being right across town knows of their whoa's... CW received a grant from the Gov't to purchase another coating and laminating machine (6-7 million investment)... it's a machine that is able to laminate film layers, lay down SR and mounting adhesive all in one pass. Obviously a move by them to keep up with demand.

They have not been able to operate the machine with any reasonable success since getting it operational... even the maker of the machine seems unable to work out the kinks... in analyzing their recent film productions there are clearly issues that may be leading to the things you are witnessing for yourself... I don't know when it will go away, but I am certain they are scrambling to get the thing operating without issues. Once they do, it'll be biz as usual.

CPF will not help them... obviously for sound business reasons.

This info is probably sensitive to CW, not to CPF and is known only throughout the backside of the industry. I trust if any of the Mods or TD find it something that needs not sit here in FMF, it will get moved.

Guest metint
CPF will not help them...

so would metint help them?

:shock Let 'em suuuufffferrrrrr... :lol:rollin

I would only be able to show them how to put the film on a roll...

Liner side in... :spit

Guest Litespeeds

They have told me that they were using a new machine and that there was a minor hiccup and due to the problems, they are going back to their old ways of producing film for now. I told them that if this persists, that I will have to switch to another film because I do not want to have to look over every inch of film that I am using to see if there are any problems before I install it. :lol

Guest skeeter

Lite - why wait for the inevitable. Now they will probably have inventory problems. Just a guess. Their HP CH is so conventional- does have a nice look out of the box- but is going to fade out. With the prices you get find an alternative that is claiming to be color stable.

You need to try Llumastar HP. If you can ever get a sample of CP's new Pinnacle it will blow your mind. I know you offer other high end films, can't see the reasoning of using a Johnson type film in a high end shop. :lol

Guest Litespeeds

I've tried using the Llumaster ATR Charcoal and it seems to be a very good film. Just had a very bad taste from their Centaur film as well as others that had the adhesive distortion failure. Also don't like the way the film is rolled.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt so if they can't straighten out their problem within the next couple of orders, I will have to make a decision then.

Is the Pinnacle a Formula One film?

Archived