Llumar Black VS SolarFX Carbon

Shawn can jump in and tell you about CarbonFX, but it is a good film.  As far as what is best between dyed/carbon/ceramic it depends on the film itself.  There are dyed films that will outlast Carbon/Ceramic films, Carbon films that are better than Ceramic, etc.  Just because it says Carbon, Ceramic, Nano doesn't mean it is a good film.  There are also shops that advertise Carbon films as a Ceramic, so it is about the research you do on the shop/product along with the reputation the window film has for it's quality/performance.  I do commend you on taking the step to bring it on the forum to help decide.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toss in an extra few bucks and go with a Formula One product.  :twocents

If you do want to go to that shop this would be the best idea to step up to Formula One Classic...it is similar to the ATC.

Now how are they a Formula One shop and allowed to also do $99 tint I am not sure.  Since they are revamping the Formula One program this year to be much stricter, they might not be part of it anymore.

Our CarbonFX is a Deep-Dyed polyester using the newest and most advanced generation of dyes. Even on our CarbonFX Deep-dyed film it is a step above most other companies standard dyed films. Deep dying the polyester with the latest generation of dyes is considered the "Gold Standard" in the window film industry. There are multiple ways of getting the "dyes" into the film, but you will find that Deep Dyed polyester proves to be the longest lasting in the industry. The Carbon films are still dyed technologies, they just use a different technology to get the color into the film instead of Deep Dying.

Shawn can jump in and tell you about CarbonFX, but it is a good film.  As far as what is best between dyed/carbon/ceramic it depends on the film itself.  There are dyed films that will outlast Carbon/Ceramic films, Carbon films that are better than Ceramic, etc.  Just because it says Carbon, Ceramic, Nano doesn't mean it is a good film.  There are also shops that advertise Carbon films as a Ceramic, so it is about the research you do on the shop/product along with the reputation the window film has for it's quality/performance.  I do commend you on taking the step to bring it on the forum to help decide.

I can agree with Dynamics statement.

Thanks, I always have an itch to research and have an understanding of everything that I invest in. 

I have found two other shops with good regards in the area.

CarbonFX $185

Suntek Carbon $165 (current promotion price).

Our CarbonFX is a Deep-Dyed polyester using the newest and most advanced generation of dyes. Even on our CarbonFX Deep-dyed film it is a step above most other companies standard dyed films. Deep dying the polyester with the latest generation of dyes is considered the "Gold Standard" in the window film industry. There are multiple ways of getting the "dyes" into the film, but you will find that Deep Dyed polyester proves to be the longest lasting in the industry. The Carbon films are still dyed technologies, they just use a different technology to get the color into the film instead of Deep Dying.

Thanks! So the CarbonFX is a true "Carbon" film? 

Thanks, I always have an itch to research and have an understanding of everything that I invest in. 

CarbonFX $185

IMO, I would do the CarbonFX.  We have used Suntek in the past and have used some CarbonFX.  Suntek used to have a bad scratching issue due to their hardcoat.  I have been told they have improved it, but not sure if it is still a problem or not.  I would also compare shops and see which has a better quality.

CarbonFX $185

IMO, I would do the CarbonFX.  We have used Suntek in the past and have used some CarbonFX.  Suntek used to have a bad scratching issue due to their hardcoat.  I have been told they have improved it, but not sure if it is still a problem or not.  I would also compare shops and see which has a better quality.

Thanks for the advice! That shop in-particular was certainly the most knowledgeable, and I am leaning that way. I am however, going to wait a week and do more research. 

Archived