Philipines tinting.

Just returned from a private island resort in Palawan Philipines and here is my uptake on the tint scene there in the capital of Manilla.

On asking there are only 2 brands of any worthy note used there and one which is the predominate make is 3M and I'm advised they are huge particularly in the auto scene.

Second is V-Kool.

Nothing  else gets a mention.

Every car is tinted with a mixture of mainly non reflective in 20% and plenty of 5.

Some 35 does exist but not much purely because it's so hot constantly.

Some cars are done in a reflective silver but maybe one in 30.

Windshields are noticed in film as a full installation and the alternatives are big eyebrows strips on the front.

(It's amazing to see a full car done in 5 all around and including the front screens in some cases although having said that maybe one in 20 are filmed on the front.

Gaps are very prevalent with it to be nothing to see a 6-10 mm gap at the top as rough as all hell and a reasonable amount of crap.

All back windows appear to be done in one piece with the odd one having a stoplight cut out....eg. current Honda Civic sedan.

Surprisingly not a lot of purple film but quite a lot of mauve going off.

Entry in to the airport area had a sign saying "please roll down your front windows."

Cost I was told is about 20,000+ pesos which is huge considering a poor country.

There seems to be no legislation on auto tint appearances or VLT.

Quite a lot film is "going off "particularly on rear screens.

Some cars with very dark films have a section cut out so the driver can see the side rear view mirrors.

Installation quality was pretty darn good generally.

One guy told me he had 2 guys come to his house and slapped it on there.

Devil

Sure did GTS.....holidayed in one of the most expensive private islands in the world unfortunately Bill Gates didn't know me.

The limestone formations that tower out of the ocean are indescribable and the it is a Thailand in the making before the whole world finds out about it.

Serious money but hell you only live once.

We also found out that many of Holywood's movie stars visit incognito.

Had to glance a bit of a cursory eye over what film was there otherwise I wouldn't be a real tinter would I?

Bit of frost and it was shrinking. :blink

Devil

Devil, I'm planning a international vacation with my family for this year. Have given lots of thought to Europe and visit friends in Italy, Greece and my favorite country Romania butttttttt

Have been giving the Philippines some thought. Need to check weather patterns. My son is not able to tolerate heat above 75-80 degrees due to past brain surgery so hope there is a window we might be able to visit. Glad you had a great time. Money is worthless but memories last forever.

Cheers

We deliberately went in their dry season and never saw a drop for 9 days but the islands are certainly dry and it was still darn hot.

A walk up to the top of the island's peak offering a full 360 degrees was absolutely stunning but I've never sweated so much in all my life.

Your son may find it too much there and I couldn't imagine what it would be with 100% humidity?

Devil

Saw that January has a average temp of 80 f. Might be to risky! Just booked a father son cruise up the inside passage from Seattle to Alaska for July. This will be my third cruise up north and second just my son and myself but so beautiful and easy when they take care of everything... Watch the scenery go by and relax :beer still gotta figure out a family trip.... Europe still sounds good....love Greece

Archived