New Tesla Model X Front Windshield

Have a new Model X in the shop, looking to install Crystalline on the windshield. Has anyone installed Crystalline on the windshield? This windshield is Huge, like sitting in a helicopter front seat with lots of visual opening. Customer complained the "tiny" visors do nothing. The visors are odd.

Any help from people who have installed Crystalline on this windshield. Thanks Guys!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just did the side window on 1 this week.....The front windshield look like it will have to be done in 2 pieces. I will be getting another one this week...hopefully I can upsell the windshield on it for Crystalline.

60" or 72" roll, some manny's do sell 72" automotive film. 

Ya, I was just thinkin about this the other day.  How's it look to shrink?  Looks like a friggin planetarium dome in the pic I saw  lol.  You got money to buy that, you got money to dump on the windshield tint.  I wouldn't touch that windshield for less than $500 from the pics Iv seen.  And that would probably be a deal...lol

Holy crap looking at that windshield . The way I shrink crystalline is a method I've seen years ago from Ryker. Basically it's dry with a wet HH anchor and lock it down then tape it so you have four square pockets. Use two heat guns blow under to float it and work your way down from the middle with another heat Gun. Hope that make sense. There a YouTube video of this method and that's the only way I'd even attempt to do that windshield.

I just try to shrinking the front windshield of the Model X.....Spent over $500 on material for Crystalline 70 and fail.  We have over 20 Model X waiting to get the front windshield done in Crystalline if we would have succeeded. 3 attempt to do it in 1 piece......oh well....It was worth the challenge....

If anyone here can do it in one piece....please share how it was done...

post-37569-0-34488800-1470626499_thumb.j

post-37569-0-17832100-1470626559_thumb.j

post-37569-0-96856900-1470626580_thumb.j

post-37569-0-28186000-1470626604_thumb.j

post-37569-0-15075400-1470626631_thumb.j

Archived