Is this normal behavior for tint?

So here is the million dollar question..

Do I have a valid claim with the manufacturer for defective film? 

You will need to go back to the original installing dealer or to the closest local dealer.  Calling the manufacturer will result in them sending you to a dealer.  So I would start there.

You will need to go back to the original installing dealer or to the closest local dealer.  Calling the manufacturer will result in them sending you to a dealer.  So I would start there.

Yep i will try to work with the tint shop to see if i can at least get the film money back. Itd be unfair to the tint shop to ask for a full refund since they actually did put in the time and effort for the labour, and quite frankly it was a good install.

But in your opinion, do I have a solid case of getting my money back from the pictures shown here though? Or they are just gonna tell me that's how the film is and tell me to beat it?

Yep i will try to work with the tint shop to see if i can at least get the film money back. Itd be unfair to the tint shop to ask for a full refund since they actually did put in the time and effort for the labour, and quite frankly it was a good install.

But in your opinion, do I have a solid case of getting my money back from the pictures shown here though? Or they are just gonna tell me that's how the film is and tell me to beat it?

It is pretty bad, but they would have to see it in person to say if it is normal or not...photos can be deceiving.  If it is not normal, it could of been something as simple as a bad roll which happens to all film manufacturers.  Based on the photos, IMO I would say you have a case.  However, some shops take care of their customers, some do not.  So they may help you or may say f off.

Agreed, I would go back to the shop and show them what's going on. Explain to them that you don't like the appearance and in all actuality it's a safety concern. I'm sure any legit shop would take care of you.

:yeah &  :ditto  Having once worked in the industry at several different levels I fielded a few calls from customers concerned with this issue. What I see in the photos has me siding with everyone who posted. That's some serious haze and yes you have a case.

The dealer could install a different run/batch on one window to see if the issue is indeed run specific. You can then decide whether to have the rest replaced or have another film type installed that is not prone to low angle haze. Very few step up to give a (full) refund, which involves removing the film, without first offering full replacement with a different film type.

So how does it look most of the time? Is it only like that at sun rise and set.is the back glass have the same problem?. Looks like a vw .did they do the little front glass? The cost of film is nothing compared to a un happy client. They should of told you all the pros and cons of there films that they carry.maybe you can find a different film.just try to be nice and tell them that the film is bad. That what ever you can do with this in for seen problem you would help. Maybe be buy pizza for the day that they fix it. Just say that a happy installer would do a better job. Cause your going to look like a picky jerk. That instead of going to them first you asked us the ones that always say oh that's never happened or left my shop like that . Yes that's a redo in my book get your money back!

Archived