Tint-Tac

I keep 5 oz samples from every gallon - the last two orders the viscosity is much thicker than the new gallon samples pulled.  All samples are kept at the same temperature. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much does tint tac and slime cost for a gal of mostly water?

Dollar general BS is like $12 a gallon when add it up

Maybe I will try to measure how much I use?=one macaroni size squirt for cold weather and CDF film and 2-3 squirts for auto sticky film and hot sticky days and a 2qt spray bottle

When its really cold I add a few shots of alky so the water doesn't freeze

I am not worry about Product costs of the Tint_Tac solution as it is about 0.80 cents a gallon on the mix of 2ozs or $1.60 if a 4 oz mix is needed in.  

But when you are making the mix year over year the same, each summer does not change and all of a sudden you get a film pattern that is tacking as soon as you apply it, sorry, but it was not the film but the Solution in the gallon.  Then, when I compared the 5 oz bottled samples of previous orders I see the consistency on the new one is heavily watered down.  All samples are kept under the same temperature.

So, I mixed a gallon from the old sample and using the same film it slides on the window - no so much from the new gallon; needed twice as much Mix 4oz for a gallon to reach the same result.

Again, all product is kept at the same temperature so there should not be any change. 

Interesting theory... we had several thousand gallons made at the same time and it is still the original product we have been selling from day one. Same product same batch made at the same time. It is stored in a climate controlled environment.

Interesting theory... we had several thousand gallons made at the same time and it is still the original product we have been selling from day one. Same product same batch made at the same time. It is stored in a climate controlled environment.

Read your response again... and re-think it - I will break it down... 

You made several thousands of gallons at the same time from day one, same product same batch, stored in climate controlled environment.   

In THEORY... if you have not made a NEW batch since day one... then your stored product is going bad...just saying.. I will move along.

Read your response again... and re-think it - I will break it down... 

You made several thousands of gallons at the same time from day one, same product same batch, stored in climate controlled environment.   

In THEORY... if you have not made a NEW batch since day one... then your stored product is going bad...just saying.. I will move along.

makes sense it's going bad-that sux!

I appreciate your opinion. If you do not like it, you do not have to buy it. We actually give most of it away to people who buy our film. We are not having any complaints that we have not been able to walk through with more detailed mixing instructions. I tested it this weekend on several cars and it worked fine. I can help you if you need it.

I appreciate your opinion. If you do not like it, you do not have to buy it. We actually give most of it away to people who buy our film. We are not having any complaints that we have not been able to walk through with more detailed mixing instructions. I tested it this weekend on several cars and it worked fine. I can help you if you need it.

If you really appreciate my opinion that should encourage you to find out more instead of reacting defensively. 

At no point I stated I didn't like the product, but I will take your advice. 

Archived