Need help troubleshooting my wrap

Hello Tint Dude,

I am fairly experienced in tint and 3M but I am a complete noob when it comes to vinyl wrap. I spent weeks watching YouTube and thought I had all of the knowledge I needed. Due to the fact that I was a noob, I bought some cheap Chinese no name wrap because I thought that using Avery and messing up would cost too much during my learning process.

I Post heated panels areas where I thought I stretched a lot and left others as is. I found the wrap to have a decent amount of orange peel but it looked good other than that. Fast forward 3 weeks and I am seeing issues with random wrinkling. Please have a look at the photos of the defects:

IMG_20160627_193342_zpsfmqlmuhi.jpg

IMG_20160627_193329_zps8zmnufej.jpg

IMG_20160627_193308_zps1tbjwrek.jpg

I tried googling any info on this and found nothing. I would like opinions on if my technique or if the wrap is likely causing the issues. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Anthony

First mistake: " I spent weeks watching YouTube and thought I had all of the knowledge I needed."

Second mistake:  "I bought some cheap Chinese no name wrap"  Have fun peeling that off!!!!!!!

That $4!T looks like sign vinyl .

PLEASE Don't touch another piece of WRAP material until you pony up for 3M ,Avery or Hexis training .

http://geekwrapsu.com/

"Member Since Dec-09-2008"  :facepalm2

ouch that doesn't look pretty.

I have seen friction along the gasket with Avery and 3M film as well(below). Some vehicles have more friction between the rubber molding and the paint. When that happens you get what you see in your first picture.

Now the cheap film and training, you get what you pay for.https://imgur.com/AdGWflM

Thanks for the replies guys. I definitely understand now "you get what you paid for". Now that I have my hands wet, I feel more confident spending money on avery or 3m wrap. In terms of training, its not really economical for me to do that. I do tint and PPF as a hobby for my close friends and family free of charge. I have gotten pretty decent at those with just trial and error. 

@vinylspec what do you recommend when it comes to the gasket friction? Do I wrap even further down? Cut it shorter or adjust the door?

Thanks for the replies guys. I definitely understand now "you get what you paid for". Now that I have my hands wet, I feel more confident spending money on avery or 3m wrap. In terms of training, its not really economical for me to do that. I do tint and PPF as a hobby for my close friends and family free of charge. I have gotten pretty decent at those with just trial and error. 

@vinylspec what do you recommend when it comes to the gasket friction? Do I wrap even further down? Cut it shorter or adjust the door?

other installers have told me they cut to the gasket

Yeah with gasket wrinkles you have to not wrap under the rubber, but right to it. Even then,you might get slight issues or it might shrink back and you'll see color. But yeah, the cheap stuff will give you more issues than hood quality vinyl.

Archived