Where to buy Xpel Ultimate by the foot, maybe even a roll

What is funny is he is looking to buy one of the best films, but don't care about the installation side of it.  I mean what is the point of getting the best film and the installation is jacked up?  Then not only cry about the PPF installation price, but also cry about how much the film costs.  I mean cheap people come on, this is a luxury item...can't afford it, don't do it.   :facepalm2

I posted a simple question on where to buy Xpel for the best price, but this thread got sidetracked fast.

IMO if you don't think your vehicle is worth a professional installer than it is probably not worth PPF period.  I would just not run it, then paint the front clip later if needed.  In the end you will be about the same price.

As I said in post #8, I like learning new things and doing it myself. I'm fine with wasting few hundred dollars worth of film, if it doesn't work out.

And posting in a forum of PPF installers to tell us that $1500-2000 for a full frontal is "excessive" is basically a slap in our faces as installers and an industry on what we do and provide. I get it that you are a DIY, but most of us here have spent years learning our craft and are constantly tweaking things to be better at what we do. This product is not considered a DIY product.

I apologize if anyone was offended by that.

If you are happy with 5/10 go fill your boots, as a business model though that just would not float. The amount of customers who will quibble about 9.5 out of 10 is unbelievable. Yes it's a sacrificial coating but it's almost as if we put the film on for the customers to come and pick fault in. And as has been said to come on here and slate the prices being quoted is not doing you any favors especially when you are then asking those same people how to do the job.

Do you have all the relevant insurances in place, do you have a business unit that is costing you 'X' amount every week. I could paint my house for the cost of a few tins of paint and a paint brush but any competent decorator would wet himself at my efforts and my wife would divorce me long before I have finished. If you see it as a way of relieving stress good for you, run it as a business and see if those stress levels stay low...

I need my coffee now...lol

Steve

Hahah, I am aware of overhead costs for a business and I don't think I'd ever want to be in a PPF business. Go get your coffee :lol

What is funny is he is looking to buy one of the best films, but don't care about the installation side of it.  I mean what is the point of getting the best film and the installation is jacked up?  Then not only cry about the PPF installation price, but also cry about how much the film costs.  I mean cheap people come on, this is a luxury item...can't afford it, don't do it.   :facepalm2

Thank you for you contribution to this thread. Really helpful. :facepalm2

You might be mixing up being cheap vs being frugal. I want the best film because I value quality, not cheapness. Do you also like paying more for the same film, when it could be bought for less?

Also, not sure why is everyone is against someone trying out a new skill. I've accepted all the risks and the cost of possibly wasted film. If it doesn't work out, then that's fine. If anything, trying it out made me actually appreciate what you guys do and I understand more now that's it's a skill that takes years to develop.

Thank you for you contribution to this thread. Really helpful. :facepalm2

You might be mixing up being cheap vs being frugal. I want the best film because I value quality, not cheapness. Do you also like paying more for the same film, when it could be bought for less?

Also, not sure why is everyone is against someone trying out a new skill. I've accepted all the risks and the cost of possibly wasted film. If it doesn't work out, then that's fine. If anything, trying it out made me actually appreciate what you guys do and I understand more now that's it's a skill that takes years to develop.

Frugal would be skipping on the installation and attempting it yourself so you can save money to go toward higher prioritized things.  Cheap comes in when you are trying to save even more money on something you are already saving a ton on...so yes, cheap.  Majority of people calling themselves frugal are just cheap people that don't want to be classified as cheap.  I do not cheap out on things and installation would the #1 priority to me versus the film simply because the best film in the world can't install itself properly.  I have no need to nickel and dime things.  If I am spending money on it, then I plan on making sure it is done right which costs.  Basically you got to pay to play.

Just in case I come off as sounding offended, I am not.  I do not care if your want to DIY or pay a professional.  That doesn't bother or affect me at all because cheap people are not my clientele.  My post are more from a common sense perspective of why pay for the best film and then settle for the worst installation.  This is a luxury item and is not needed to get through life so if you can't afford getting it done right the first time, then don't do it.   :twocents

This is the statement that gets me. "Besides, this is my first new car so I didn't feel comfortable with anyone touching my car, especially doing custom cuts." You don't trust a pro but you will do it yourself??? I guess more power to you... I just hate seeing people waste the  money like you are about to. I have seen it so many times and I always tell people its better to have it done right the first time than have to get it redone. But to each his own.

Archived