Where to buy Xpel Ultimate by the foot, maybe even a roll

greetings,

I was looking at ebay and few other places and it seems pretty expensive at $38 per foot for a 60" wide Xpel Ultimate. 44tools had the best price I could find but they seem to be out of stock for a 60" wide film, and they didn't know when they'll have it in stock. From my rough measurements, I need about 35-40' to cover the entire car. It's my first new car (3 series) so it might be bit of an OCD, but I like learning new things and I already covered front bumper, mirrors and fenders with the precut kit.

So anyone have any suggestions where I could buy 60" by the foot for a good price? I might even buy the whole roll if the price is right. Not sure how difficult it would be to get a whole roll since I'm a DIY and not in a PPF business.

Thanks

First contact XPEL directly and see if any of these people are selling real XPEL PPF.  If so, you will know who is selling the real product and pick the cheapest of them.  Just because a seller says it is XPEL, doesn't mean it is.

thanks for your comment. 44tools.com sells real Xpel, and I've used their bumper kit. For the hood & roof, I need 60" wide film but they're out of stock. That's why I asked here for a vendor recommendation that currently stocks 60" wide film at a good price.

If you are doing a self install especially custom you better plan on buying a LOT of film. I can promise you that you will not get it in the first shot... unless you don't care what the install looks like. Its a BMW, do it right...

thanks for your comment. I plan on getting a whole roll (60"x50'), since I need about 40', which leaves good amount of room for error.

While it is possible to buy film on XPEL.com, I'd HIGHLY suggest consulting an installer first. Pretty much every retail customer that has purchased more than 5 sq ft of ANY brand of ppf with the intention of installing it themselves did not have a good experience.

I'd be happy to get you paired up with an installer in your area that can get you quality results and save you the headache!

While it is possible to buy film on XPEL.com, I'd HIGHLY suggest consulting an installer first. Pretty much every retail customer that has purchased more than 5 sq ft of ANY brand of ppf with the intention of installing it themselves did not have a good experience.

I'd be happy to get you paired up with an installer in your area that can get you quality results and save you the headache!

TL;DR: I am a DIY person and like learning new things and working on my car. I already did few panels, just need to find where I can buy Xpel Ultimate 60" for less that $30/foot.

Long version:

I've talked to few installers in the area but in my opinion, 1500-2000 for a full frontal coverage is a bit excessive. Maybe if I had a 200K+ rare exotic I could consider getting it done, but I doubt it since I'd probably have even more OCD and not allow anyone work on my car, lol.

Besides, this is my first new car so I didn't feel comfortable with anyone touching my car, especially doing custom cuts.

That's why I decided to buy the materials to do it myself as time allows and spend the leftover money for winter set of wheels.

Sure, it wasn't easy and it is taking me longer that I had anticipated, but little by little, I am doing a panel or two every weekend as time allows.

Here is how I started:

• -Spent $100 initially to get pre-cut mirrors, headlights, fenders and door cups kit and a squeegee. It was a small investment to test the waters and see if I could do it. After reading DIYs and watching countless youtube videos, I put those pre-cut pieces in, one by one. It wasn't easy and it still isn't, but working on my car is a way for me to de-stress and the sense of accomplishment that comes after learning/ doing something like that worth it.
  • -Once I got those small pieces in, I ordered a precut bumper kit. Sure, it took me most of my Saturday to do it, but I didn't mind. What really helped with my install was the install gel I got, made everything so much easier.
  • Sure, some areas don't look perfect but I can live with that. I'd rate it 5/10 at most, can post pix if anyone interested. PPF is supposed to be a sacrificial layer and I did the best I could with the experience and the tools I had. Besides, PPF should be removed and/or replaced after 5 years anyway, based on what I've read.

Thinking of doing bigger panels next, so that's why I posted here to see if I can buy Xpel Ultimate 60" for less than $30/foot.

Checked ebay and the best price I could find is around $320 for a 10 ftx60". Another vendor that I mentioned in my 1st post has it for $29/foot but they're out of stock and don't know when they'll have more.

And posting in a forum of PPF installers to tell us that $1500-2000 for a full frontal is "excessive" is basically a slap in our faces as installers and an industry on what we do and provide. I get it that you are a DIY, but most of us here have spent years learning our craft and are constantly tweaking things to be better at what we do. This product is not considered a DIY product.

If you are happy with 5/10 go fill your boots, as a business model though that just would not float. The amount of customers who will quibble about 9.5 out of 10 is unbelievable. Yes it's a sacrificial coating but it's almost as if we put the film on for the customers to come and pick fault in. And as has been said to come on here and slate the prices being quoted is not doing you any favors especially when you are then asking those same people how to do the job.

Do you have all the relevant insurances in place, do you have a business unit that is costing you 'X' amount every week. I could paint my house for the cost of a few tins of paint and a paint brush but any competent decorator would wet himself at my efforts and my wife would divorce me long before I have finished. If you see it as a way of relieving stress good for you, run it as a business and see if those stress levels stay low...

I need my coffee now...lol

Steve

Archived