How much did you net your first year of owning a tint business

Plus there are WAY too many variables... location, number of tinters, size of city where the shop is at, etc. 

Count on less then you'd like to make in your first year and then cut that in half. 

It's not cheap running a biz... at the start. As the business becomes established it will earn more and more. Generally speaking......

Guest Metro Films

I started bout 5 years ago, part time on my own as a side job only doing it during the summer months april thru late September (socal) i only made 800 dollars. Mobile tinting is quite an experience.????

I think our first year was close to break even..

I started with about 10k more than I thought I would need but ended up running into a bunch of expenses that I didn't anticipate... It was brutal too say the least.

Second year was better... Ended up with pay like I had a good job... Then every year after that kept gettin better ..

It takes more than most think to build up a nice inventory of product and get togeather all the little tools and accessories you use on the regular.

I was just telling a friend the other day if we go robbed it would suck because I can't just call one or 2 places and order replacement stuff... It's taken years of sourcing and putting togeather to get where we are today.

So I would say don't worry about what you will make your first year... Just concentrate on surviving... The rest will come in time. :twocents

Archived