Advice on tint removal

Hi I need opinions from professional tinters, is it easier to remove new tint (say less than two weeks old) than old tint? I want to go lighter than my current full tint, I don't like how dark (18%) my current tint is. My fault yes, and am prepared to pay for another re-do at the tint shop. Thanks in advance.

Hi Allrighty.

Is that a Jim Carey thing?

The film will be easier to remove than a crusty old film. You might lose your ariel and demister.

Hi GTS,

No not in reference to Jim Carey. Hmm what are the chances of losing ariel and demister? Is it worth the risk? I considered perhaps keeping 18% on the rear but worry it may look weird. 

For even look always do back glass 1 shade darker than sides, as it has a clear windshield opposite while sides equal that in most applications 30 or 35 give or take looking across both tinted windows looks like 15-20, 18 not that dark, unless you have real eyesight issues. And steam window for removal, if it has to happen

For even look always do back glass 1 shade darker than sides, as it has a clear windshield opposite while sides equal that in most applications 30 or 35 give or take looking across both tinted windows looks like 15-20, 18 not that dark, unless you have real eyesight issues. And steam window for removal, if it has to happen

For me personally I find the 18% a little too dark, just don't like how much it makes surrounds much darker at dusk and night time. So I may re-tint... Are both Suntek and Llumar good, or is there a difference in quality? Which film tends to be more neutral in colour? Or what brand is recommended for a good tint?

Archived