Paint ceramic coating before, after or not on top of the PPF?

I will be getting XPEL ultimate for my new car and will be using this car for autocross and the occasional track day. Before I get the full frontal of the car PPFed I will send it to the detailer's to get perfect paint. What I was wondering is should I get the paint under the PPF ceramic coated or not?

Thanks,

Chris

Misunderstood, thought you were having the vehicle painted.

Exactly what clear bra said. We do a bit for some dealers and have them wait to coat the car after installing PPF

If you have noticeable swirl marks, have a detailer remove them before you get PPF fitted otherwise they will always be there.

The PPF does disguise them somewhat, depends how 'perfect' you need the finished result to be.

Coat over the PPF as others suggest

If you have noticeable swirl marks, have a detailer remove them before you get PPF fitted otherwise they will always be there.

The PPF does disguise them somewhat, depends how 'perfect' you need the finished result to be.

Coat over the PPF as others suggest

maybe a Polish to get some shine. But if you have "perfect paint" before an install, it certainly won't be after. You beat the crap out of paint installing the film. IMO a simple gloss polish that will also remove any dealer applied sealants is more than enough.

I disagree. Swirl marks, holograms will not show through the film. A decontamination wash followed by a single stage polish to make sure the paint has no contaminants before the film is applied then any exposed paintwork after the installation can be polished again if needed followed up with whatever final finish you would prefer over everything. Obviously if there are any major paint defects they need to be addressed before the film but as I say swirls and holograms will not show through the film.

Steve

Archived