can you overlap wraps?

I'm planning on doing a white wrap with a digital snow camo. Complete novice.

So wrapping the whole car in either (3M 1080) matt or gloss white and then adding large shapes of black and grey on top of the white wrap. (i've attached a similar design on a bmw)

My car is a 2005 5 door toyota rav4. So a relatively simple body with no complicated body panels

so can you apply black / grey vinyls onto of an existing wrap? does Gloss or Matt matter? 

Also what would you recommend for a pre-wrap clean? I'm thinking 90% alcohol cleaner..

post-42324-0-96356000-1478016690_thumb.png

Things tend to stick better to gloss as it has a higher surface tension. Just be sure to post heat all the edges of the camo patterns. As for the preclean, wash, clay and wipe with alcohol, especially the edges and back side of edges to be wrapped. Those places will fail before the large flat panels will

As waxy stated above the high surface tension of gloss is key when applying another graphic on top of an existing wrap.

Lots of companies install the pre printed wrap with gloss overlam for the colour change or photos etc. Then add the cut vinyl later. Often they use reflective to add visibility.

Archived