F1 Stratos Ceramic

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like pinnacle and stratos are almost the same specs. Why pay more for stratos. I think the wasted their time making stratos unless there going to dump

there pinnacle line. Ive heard guys are charging a few hundred more for WHAT?

4 minutes ago, Film man said:

It looks like pinnacle and stratos are almost the same specs. Why pay more for stratos. I think the wasted their time making stratos unless there going to dump

there pinnacle line. Ive heard guys are charging a few hundred more for WHAT?

When I was in VA at the Llumar plant, there were some Llumar people talking about the extra cost was not worth it for Stratos and that it's main purpose was to increase sales of Pinnacle.  TSER is not a huge difference with the biggest jump being at 35% which is only an increase of 6.  IMO their focus was IR so that they can compete better with Crystalline, Wincos, and other IR films out there.  This explains the drastic difference on the heat lamp demo.

TSER IS TSER. YOU MEAN LLUMAR IS MAKING THE HEAT LAMP MORE SCAMMY OR A SELL VS TSER. NICE TO KNOW WHAT LLUMAR 

THINKS OF THE PUBLIC. IF YOU USING A HEAT LAMP TO SELL FILM YOU SHOULD HAVE A DISCLAIMER ON THE HEAT LAMP DISPLAY, OR 

GIVE CUSTOMERS A 12"X12" PIECE OF GLASS THEY CAN TAKE IN THE SUN. IF THERE IS NO DISCLAIMER ON THE DISPLAY. THEN TINT SHOPS ARE

GOING ALONG WITH THE SCAMMY PRACTICE. I KNOW SHOPS HAVE TO SELL FILM, BUT JUST BE HONEST. VS RUNNING A MAJIC SHOW.

31 minutes ago, Film man said:

TSER IS TSER. YOU MEAN LLUMAR IS MAKING THE HEAT LAMP MORE SCAMMY OR A SELL VS TSER. NICE TO KNOW WHAT LLUMAR 

THINKS OF THE PUBLIC. IF YOU USING A HEAT LAMP TO SELL FILM YOU SHOULD HAVE A DISCLAIMER ON THE HEAT LAMP DISPLAY, OR 

GIVE CUSTOMERS A 12"X12" PIECE OF GLASS THEY CAN TAKE IN THE SUN. IF THERE IS NO DISCLAIMER ON THE DISPLAY. THEN TINT SHOPS ARE

GOING ALONG WITH THE SCAMMY PRACTICE. I KNOW SHOPS HAVE TO SELL FILM, BUT JUST BE HONEST. VS RUNNING A MAJIC SHOW.

Most brands are focusing on IR, so why would they not?  Eventually they would have to jump on to stay relevant.  Just like everyone carrying a Ceramic film line now, it would be business suicide not too as the demand increases with the consumer.  In the end, run your shop how you see fit with the brand you think is best and others will do the same.

So tser is a measure of heat reflected and heat absorbed. What is the measure of heat flow out of the vehicle? Emissivity? I took off Spectra photosync 45 and put Stratos 35 on my truck. Spectra 45 had a tser around 70, the stratos 60. While I detect the difference with the sun coming through the glass, the Stratos overall heat loss is markedly better while driving. It is like someone spraying water on the outside of the glass. Its not as hot as the spectra to touch, so its obviously losing the heat to the airstream better than what I had before. An improved greenhouse control film would be what I would call Stratos. I guess they are playing the fact that only certain windows can be in the sun at any moment, and the majority of the glasses are then just there to act as a radiator to lose overall cabin heat. Emissions is all I can really call it right now. Stratos is an emittin m*********er. Tser does not describe this at all.

A vehicle in motion should not be considered in the equation.  This brings way to many factors into play.  There is no way to get proper readings unless you are doing measurements at the exact same time on the exact same vehicles at the same time of day and the same relative temperature, exterior shading ,,, etc. etc. etc.  

This list goes on and on. 

Stationary comparison would be more real world, and even then your test could change as you attempt your measurements.  

It sounds like you are noticing the reflectivity also.  Film doesn't have to be mirrored to be reflect heat.  

While the difference coming through the glass might be similar, the exterior heat of the glass will be different between the films.  One will reflect heat better than the other causing the outside of the glass to be a different temp.  Sometimes this is a significant difference with ceramic vs dyed. :twocents 

On 5/17/2017 at 0:05 PM, Tintcutter said:

So tser is a measure of heat reflected and heat absorbed. What is the measure of heat flow out of the vehicle? Emissivity? I took off Spectra photosync 45 and put Stratos 35 on my truck. Spectra 45 had a tser around 70, the stratos 60. While I detect the difference with the sun coming through the glass, the Stratos overall heat loss is markedly better while driving. It is like someone spraying water on the outside of the glass. Its not as hot as the spectra to touch, so its obviously losing the heat to the airstream better than what I had before. An improved greenhouse control film would be what I would call Stratos. I guess they are playing the fact that only certain windows can be in the sun at any moment, and the majority of the glasses are then just there to act as a radiator to lose overall cabin heat. Emissions is all I can really call it right now. Stratos is an emittin m*********er. Tser does not describe this at all.

Wish Smartie was still around

@Bham, Yes it is a different way of considering an installation. Perhaps necessary, because the Stratos itself has a lot of parts and the factory still pretty tight lipped about the core details. Of course it is better to simplify when possible, but in the absence of manufacturer supplied details, field observations are certainly valid, and they also tend to make all of those hard to corner variables into one lump. This allows me to learn some things sure, but no real details. I suspect, as much as anything, the sheer thickness has effected the U factor. I was told it has 2 layers of TiN from the Pinnacle line. I think this also impacts the glare, because there is not as much angled light for sure. It has a deeply clear look from inside. 

Where is your shop anyway? I went to school in Bham.

9 minutes ago, Tintcutter said:

Where is your shop anyway? I went to school in Bham.

I was on Hwy 11 (Gadsden Hwy) for the last seven years.  Next to Birmingham Pistol Wholesale.  

I am now on Service Road off of Chalkville Mnt. Road.  Next to Trussville Collision = 1/4 mile down from Krystal's Hamburgers and Courtyard Oyster Bar.

Just opened up June 1st. :D 

The TiNT STOP 

5889-D Service Road 

Birmingham, Al 35235 

Archived