Suntek vs Stek films

What on earth are you covering that takes a week to do?

i thought the same thing? i can cover a complete car is apx 5 hours by myself or do 4 full fronts in a day by myself. not sure why it would take a shop 4-5 days or anything longer than a day. with two people a full front takes a hour. but i understand some shops have other stuff going on

U can cover 4 doors, full hood, fender, mirror, front and rear bumpers ful rear quarter panels and roof in 5 hours?

DAMN i'm slow

why indeed i can. but ive been doing ppf for over 16 years ... maybe add another 40 mins if the rear bumper is a pain ... this doesnt include washing the vehicle ... hood/fenders/roof/doors are crazy simple but also time i quoted is using pattens which great fitting patterns makes a install so much easier .... did a 991 the other day "2ppl" took us 40 mins. full front/mirrors/door cups/handles/wheel wells and 2 cig breaks after downing a redbull before starting

needless to say to factor in prep/wash/wax/cutting the kit add maybe a extra hour

I'd like to see a car that was done in 5 hours. We do close to 5 hours of prep work before we begin to apply film.

no no i only said how long to apply the film ... most of my clients/dealers know to bring the vehicle over washed/waxed so min prep is needed ... and i do mainly porsche so its practice on the same type of cars really helps. i covered a new range rover and those doors has the creases which the first door took the longest but after doing one the other three was easy and i think i did it in 4 1/2 hours but didnt cover the roof or pillars.

next week i have a 1967 camaro to do ... just a full front but ive already planned on spending a complete 8 hours on just the front end due to no patterns/prep/and theres all types of badges all over like 575 or Ss or the chevy emblems. since its a summit vehicle i do want to show them what i can do ... haha and its really two fenders n a hood since the bumper is chrome

Edited by Speedytim

If I choose the local shop, I'm happy they take their time. Especially when they are taking apart the bumpers, door handles, head and tail lights. It is not like they are working on a Honda. If someone started tearing down my without taking their time, I'd propably pull my car out of the shop right there.

If I choose the local shop, I'm happy they take their time. Especially when they are taking apart the bumpers, door handles, head and tail lights. It is not like they are working on a Honda. If someone started tearing down my without taking their time, I'd propably pull my car out of the shop right there.

thats understandable if they are taking your car apart and wrapping all the edges ... ive watched the vinyl guys and it takes them apx 2 days 2 guys because they have to wrap everything including door jams.

ive never tore down a clients vehicle for several reasons ... ill prob break something ... and ill prob break something and i dont like to break anything hence why i never learned vinyl or window tint. did u decide which film ur gonna go with?