Suntek vs Stek films

I've got a new car coming in a few months and as debating between Suntek PPF-M and the Stek dynomatt film. The guy who is using STek is local to me and the Suntek guy is a few hours away. Both shops have done work on my friend's cars and deal in mostly higher end cars (Porsche, Lambo and so forth). The local shop (Stek) would be a bit of a premium but having local in case there are issues would be nice. I don't really want to drive a few hours multiple times (likely have to leave the car with them for a week each time) to save money in the short term. People seem very loyal to their film from the various boards but I figured I'd try and get some feedback from installers who have worked with each company. The car is a metallic silver if that makes any difference.

Edited by PeteDin206

My friend has had 3 cars wrapped by the Suntek people, but his cars have all been vinyl wrap (various brushed metallic films). I've seen a bunch of their Suntek work in pictures though. The Stek shop has done a lot of work on another friend's cars (mostly frontal work, but also saw a 911GT3 with Stek (not Matte though) he showed me while checking out the shop.

I believe the Stek shop probably does a bit better work in talking to them and I'm leaning that way because he is local and seemed a bit more detailed in their process (7-10 days vs 4-5 to complete the work). He is trying to see if he can get me a bit closer to the Suntek shop price but it would still be a couple thousand more to do it local.

I just finished wrapping  the complete car on a GTR in S-tek matte. I have also been using the S-tek Dyno on full front ends. So far I love the film.Suntek has been out longer and has a good track record on longevity. I still use both. I charge more for S-tek as it is a costlier film. Using both films, if I was choosing I would go with S-tek. The top coat is just so nice. The only down fall to the S-tek is the time on the market in the US. But if nothing new ever came out we would still be using the crap original 3m films.But like we always say on this board, installer makes the biggest impact no matter what film you choose.

Edited by Jake

What on earth are you covering that takes a week to do?  

Pretty sure I know the shop he is talking about and they will have 3-4 full car wraps in the shop at any given time, not to mention their full front jobs.  In order not to grind their business to halt by working o one car at a time, they tend to spread out the jobs since they have the space.

What on earth are you covering that takes a week to do?

Pretty sure I know the shop he is talking about and they will have 3-4 full car wraps in the shop at any given time, not to mention their full front jobs. In order not to grind their business to halt by working o one car at a time, they tend to spread out the jobs since they have the space.
New Audi Q7. And yes I'm fully aware that it is shop time. But 7-10 days of shop time vs 3-4 is vastly different either way.

I'm keeping the names of both shops off the forum for respect of the parties.

Edited by PeteDin206