Suntek vs Stek films

Suntek all the way.  I don't know who is charging more for Stek because it definitely is cheaper.  The hydrophobic coat on the Stek only lasts a few months, at least in my weather.  Installers who decide to stick with Stek will have rough years down the road when removals will be needed. 

PPFinstaller. Where are you from? Because the S-tek Dynoshield is quite a bit more expensive then Suntek here in the US. Also can you elaborate more on your experience with the S-tek that made you come to the conclusion that the coating will come off in a few months? Also what will make it harder to remove from say a Premium Shield or Xpel. We know Suntek will remove easier because it has a weaker adhesive from the get go. Not being argumentative, really would like to know from someone's first hand experience, as it is new to us.

I'm based out of Florida.  Stek has been on my truck for about 10 months now.  I have each panel covered in something different, all installed at the same time.  Stek did great for the first couple months with the hydrophobic layer, but by now everything is sticking to it.  As for the pricing, I was buying directly from them in Korea (almost half the price of Suntek).   I'm pretty sure you can do the same but they will sell you white box film.  

That is a good point and is the same in any industry. A new film comes out, looks great, feels great but there is no indication of how well it stands the test of time and how removable it easy. Its easy to get excited over something on face value until you remove it 5 years later and the paint comes off with it...

So when a company like Xpel or Suntek releases a new film, how do you know they spent 5 years testing the adhesive? Just curious? From my understanding Stek has been making film for a long time, they just whitelabeled it for a long time.

Exactly. Same goes for window film. If no ever tried anything new we would all be using the first gen of everything. Accelerated weathering machines are the only thing that really gives some type of a indication of longevity. But it is still not real world. The best thing we have is keeping each other up to date on our experiences with new films.That is why a place like Tintdude is so valuable to our industry. Every film goes through this when it comes out. People are skeptical, and rightly so. The install shop is the face of the product and when it goes bad it can wreak havoc on you and your reputation.So far I like the S-tek.Like any new film I use I will keep a close eye on how it is holding up.

Well a little update on my end. I am likely going to go local with the STek film. The shop that does install has been around longer and despite the added cost and time, I find a lot of value in knowing they are local and stand behind their work long term. Saw a R8 and Tesla they have done recently and they both look amazing.