Last one to post game #694

I never ask for anyone to go food shopping... I'm too picky.

But I'm sitting here and all the sudden it gets cold'ish.... I walk over to the hot air vent and it's blowing out cold air.

The gas tank ran out. (propane)

Now, my friend said there should be enough to last over 2 weeks... and I've been going back to my place during the day... I was watching my nieces on saturday..  I've mostly been here at night, with the exception of today... I've been here since I think 3pm. Was at my place until then.

So it's not like the heater has been running a ton.. I've been turning it down at nite and when I leave... and it's only been 4 days.

Getting tired of house sitting. I really need to get a dog so I can decline when I'm asked. The problem is the 4 families I do this for - we all know each other... so I either tell everyone that I'm done, or I do it for all. I can't only do it for those that I really, really don't mind because word will get around and then there will be hurt feelings and it's just not worth that.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never ask for anyone to go food shopping... I'm too picky.

But I'm sitting here and all the sudden it gets cold'ish.... I walk over to the hot air vent and it's blowing out cold air.

The gas tank ran out. (propane)

Now, my friend said there should be enough to last over 2 weeks... and I've been going back to my place during the day... I was watching my nieces on saturday.. I've mostly been here at night, with the exception of today... I've been here since I think 3pm. Was at my place until then.

So it's not like the heater has been running a ton.. I've been turning it down at nite and when I leave... and it's only been 4 days.

Getting tired of house sitting. I really need to get a dog so I can decline when I'm asked. The problem is the 4 families I do this for - we all know each other... so I either tell everyone that I'm done, or I do it for all. I can't only do it for those that I really, really don't mind because word will get around and then there will be hurt feelings and it's just not worth that.

That sucks

Hotel California :D

Exactly!!! So fitting.  :headbang

If I went thru the tank in 4 days... I'll have to get it refilled before they are back next monday. At least 1x if not 2. Ugh... 

I feel bad for this guy because one time they went away for a long weekend and didn't ask me to stay here and (they think) some kid down the block broke in and took a bunch of stuff. So I feel bad declining... and I'd feel even worse if I did decline and they weren't able to find someone and it happened again.  That would just be horrible.

Once again, I was raised too well. :lol2

Archived