3M Color Stable - interior reflective glare

Hi everyone, I recently got my Audi A4 tinted with 3M CS 35% all-around except windshield and realized when looking out my driver window on a sunny day, I get this somewhat annoying reflective glare. This happens only when the sun is shining either right down from top at 45-degree angle, or right at me from the side. When looking out on street shops and buildings, I get this sort of dirty-window white over-exposed effect. In ways it's like trying to look through a thin white film to see out. Other than that the tint looks really nice and when the sun is down during evenings, I can see nice and clearly. Only problem is the glare on sunny days. Is this normal characteristics of the nano-carbon on 3M color stable films? If so, will the effect settle in or perhaps reduced over time? 

Thanks for the quick reply. I had it tinted on the 10th of January - literally with no sunlight because L.A. was drenched with heavy rain up until a few days. The car is safe of course and I did not touch the windows for at least two weeks.

It is dried for sure. The initial process did have some moisture effects after freshly tinted - which was explained to be that it will go away. No bubbles whatsoever. The tint job was very well done. It's the subtle reflective glare at certain angles that kind of bothers me. I'll try to get some photos. I'm afraid this is permanent unless it settles within time. Have you ever heard of such complaints or similar experience?

6 minutes ago, 80sGuy said:

It is dried for sure. The initial process did have some moisture effects after freshly tinted - which was explained to be that it will go away. No bubbles whatsoever. The tint job was very well done. It's the subtle reflective glare at certain angles that kind of bothers me. I'll try to get some photos. I'm afraid this is permanent unless it settles within time. Have you ever heard of such complaints or similar experience?

We have not had any complaints.  Downside is all film will have a degree of low angle haze (that is the name for it), even stock glass has it with no film on it.  Some films are worse than others.

2 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

We have not had any complaints.  Downside is all film will have a degree of low angle haze (that is the name for it), even stock glass has it with no film on it.  Some films are worse than others.

I'm afraid that might be the case. I have window-tint came ready on my other car at the time of purchase but did not notice such effect. I suppose it was tinted with a regular 'dye'? I know jack about tint products other than how they look from the inside while driving. Someone also posted here with 3M Crystalline has had the same effect but it seemed more prevalent due to the 12% reflective rate compared to Color Stable at 6%. I don't have my car with me now but I remembered looking closely at the reflective glass yesterday and I see very tiny microscopic shiny particles within the film.

It does seem to be a common problem according to the lower-star reviews here from the 3M site. I wish this was explained to me since I have no idea (or even seen) that window tint film can result in such dilemma, what a horrible experience. This actually reduces my visibility on sunny days, makes it very difficult to see out with this hazing reflection, everything looks overexposed and washed-out when looking out. They can hardly see in and I can hardly see out to them. I hate to take it back for the shop to strip/redo everything again. Don't like the fact they need to remove my door panels to work on as problems already stemmed from the initial installation - not put back correctly, requiring me to carefully remove and reinstall my front door panels.

http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Automotive-Window-Film-Color-Stable-Series?N=5002385+8710654+8710938+3292716665&rt=rud

Get their dyed NR series and replace every couple years. 

Reason being is nano ceramic (no matter how you look at it, it is sputtered, enveloped in its surrounding material) is not flat to the eye or world, technically floating (which is what gives you the hue you see). Life is a give and take with anything. I like apple, you like android...we are on the same page.

cheers

Archived