Commercial window scratches

Who can explain what's up with commercial windows being scratched to hell?  I just installed window film on some brand new car dealership windows and some of them are scratched up on the inside, some on the outside, and some are very deep, really nasty scratches.  It looks like someone used an old beat up blade to scrape the outsides of them or something

Also, some of the windows are perfectly fine on the inside, but others sound like I'm scraping gravel off the floor.  They feel very rough, and the blade ends up scratching them as I'm cleaning.  I'm using a 6" Triumph scraper with SS blades.  Wondering what's with the windows, maybe just cheap shit windows? 

All commercial glass will have a soft side and a hard side,  sometimes that soft side is in the inside, when u scrape with the triumph with the soft side, you will hear grinding like sand rubbing up against it, then u have too stop immediately, if it's silent then it won't scratch. The ones that make the grinding sound I scrub it with a white pad.

On 4/5/2017 at 9:36 AM, blackoutauto said:

All commercial glass will have a soft side and a hard side,  sometimes that soft side is in the inside, when u scrape with the triumph with the soft side, you will hear grinding like sand rubbing up against it, then u have too stop immediately, if it's silent then it won't scratch. The ones that make the grinding sound I scrub it with a white pad.

Mostly tempered glass

Archived