Tint doesnt want to tac

The adhesive on lots of films is not so sticky compared to the past

And the last time i used some newer stuff(10+ yrs ago)from solargard and had lifting off the glass issues they said to mix some crap they had in the solution to help it stick better

Just try a shot or 2 of alky=isopropal in your mix and if that doesnt work get a diff film that works and fresh,,bargains are not always the best thing,,it means it is not liked? LoL

Its probly not the squeege unless you can see trails of water/solution trapped after good passes

I second the alcohol >I would have the issue sometimes because I like my mix slick, I was reading about tint slime being so good because its very slick , but also sets fairly quickly. which my J and J would not!    But i could justify the price of it Tint slime so I started adding about a teaspoon/tablesppon of 91 percent alchohol to 64 oz with one full cap of J and J and I LOVE IT and will never go back. I call it poor mans Tint slime since its very slick but also sets quickly once squeeged since the alcohol helps displace and evaporate the water.

fords can be slick and always thin my slip for them.  cold winters here with low humidity caused a few challenges with tac.  switched to ultra bond for a slip for the quick cure for winter and add a drop of J&J for hot humid days.  I like the extra slip for the tighter gaskets and use a fushion 5ES to remove more water then a turbo can and activate the PS adhesive.   I also seal the top and edges with a torch to set the film for the stupid custy's that  roll them down leaving the store.  have a couple vids to cure your problem with a heat gun or torch.  got rid of my heat guns while back, kept pissing me off

Thanks for feedback.  Seems as i have fixed my problem.  I cut back on the j j quite a bit and wet just the film rather wetting the glass and film when installing.   I also believe the temp had a factor in it as well.   

Archived