Factory Tint TSER

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, scottj said:

which is why I opted to tint just the front doors and windshield of my SUV with Crystalline and not tint the rear factory "privacy" glass with film......it already has a higher TSER,despite many shop employees pushing to do the whole vehicle.......obviously only thinking about the bottom dollar to them,rather than acting as a true professional consultant looking to see that the customer makes a wise investment.

I don't care what I tint, It's the customers choice on what they want or don't want. I do know this, factory tint might have SOME benefits but it cannot have the same impact as Crystaline would have in addition to it. Blocking UV is one thing, but lowering TSER is another. Show us some specs on your factory tinted windows compared to Crystaline installed on a naked window. Shit even putting metallic shade over your factory tint would make an impact.

Guest scottj

Pretty easy to find specs of factory "privacy" glass.A simple google search of say, "toyota privacy glass uv reduction solar specifications" brings up a wealth of info,some of it directly from toyota themselves.As professionals,each one should be knowledgeable about current automotive glass properties if you truly want to be a "professional" in this industry,vs just another grunt slapping film on windows-lord knows there are already plenty of those types out there.

34 minutes ago, scottj said:

Pretty easy to find specs of factory "privacy" glass.A simple google search of say, "toyota privacy glass uv reduction solar specifications" brings up a wealth of info,some of it directly from toyota themselves.As professionals,each one should be knowledgeable about current automotive glass properties if you truly want to be a "professional" in this industry,vs just another grunt slapping film on windows-lord knows there are already plenty of those types out there.

And your profession is? Just read some of your old posts. Yikes!!!!!

3 hours ago, scottj said:

Yikes? you want to be a clown?

I can tell that you failed Interpersonal Communications class in high school. 

Really though it seems like you have sorta a chip on your shoulder or something. Maybe you got burned by a $99 tint job? I don't know and don't care.

For your information a lot of the IR cut and HSEA glass you speak of do not come stock on a lot of cars. They are available for certain packages and models but not all cars and "Googling" for actual specs on TSER for these specialty glasses does no good.  

I found zero numbers or percentages from Toyota using your method of research.

So excuse me if I think what you wrote in your original response to my topic post to be a bit dickish and have certain shitty vibe and tone. I hate hearing consumer bullshit on a topic aimed toward people who actually work in the industry for which the question was broached.

Good Day Sir.

i said good day!

Archived