Finally nailed BG!

This was probably my 10th bg I've done and thanks to this forum I nailed it!  I didn't have to go around and lay down any small fingers.  Usually I have 2 or 3 small fingers around bottom corners.  I dry shrunk with bounce as always but this time I went ahead and wet shrunk the bottom as well.  Made all the difference! I wish I could remember who I saw post about that.  Either way, thanks!

Congrats! You might want to eventually ditch the bounce sheets and use plain bar soap instead. Get a wet rag wrapped around a bar of Ivory and wet your glass down with a layer and let dry just like the bounce. It will behave similarly, and you won't be constantly exposed to the chems in dryersheets.

On 4/29/2017 at 7:17 PM, Slick said:

I prefer soap and a heat gun....3minutes compared to 2....don't think it will make much difference...but to each their own.... :twocents 

VW bug challenge, I have seen the BG shrunk and installed in under 4min with heat guns.  some films shrink faster and more then others.  my film could never compete.  torching is faster and safer then heat guns and consistent heat.  with my snap on or mac I can do a 300 in 2 min or 40 sec with torch.  15 charger 2 min with torch or 10 with heat gun 1/2 inch off film.  the torch saves 15min per car average reducing install time to 45min average with assistant.  this lets me add one more car a day netting me an additional 15/hr. (mobile subcontractor)  have to think fast and know your films limits torching and with a little practice you might get a raise yourself.

Archived