is this acceptable?

On 5/4/2017 at 8:05 PM, ZzRicezZ said:

lol ok, let me circle the area in question

10aa0935-1c33-4e88-85ba-f11a7c914a4a_zps

here is a close up now, notice that the line is not straight and therefore small part of the bumper is not protected.  my guess is it wouldn't

stick and they cut a chunk of it off.  on the other side they did it properly after experiencing with this side.

bfdd9f82-2f1f-494c-a9af-051d68f921a1_zps

They should take care of that. Looks to me like he had some dirty ass mitts and over stretched it to get it to anchor....to much alcohol on PPF is never a good thing. Looks like that may be the case with the (whitish) color of the edges, didn't dilute alcohol enough and burned the adhesive when streatching....

IMG_0913.JPG.2ffbc6c648e73a92faa0bfef34809762.JPGThis is what the edges should look like...oops, there aren't any....front end completely wrapped except bottom ground spoiler, that is cut from film designs

cheers

IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0912.JPG

Almost looks like he burned it with a heat gun. Suntek is pretty resilient though. I've had guys power wash it off and I just peel it back, wipe it off with my hand, slap it back down, and it looked brand new. He might be able to trim the crappy edge, peel it and stretch it back up to position.

He should fix it regardless. Replace it if it's a 2 piece he's not redoing the entire bumper.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:41 PM, ZzRicezZ said:

I can confirm it a kit.  He had to order the full hood ppf. 

I can promise you that is not a kit.  Most definitely freehand.  A kit would either stop at the body line or have a relief cut at the corner and wrap into the valley.

I'd have the installer trim so that both sides match evenly

5 hours ago, XPEL Jeff said:

I can promise you that is not a kit.  Most definitely freehand.  A kit would either stop at the body line or have a relief cut at the corner and wrap into the valley.

I'd have the installer trim so that both sides match evenly

When they installed the roof deck, i saw them use a computer to select my car make and model and then select the piece to cut out and they had a printer that did the cutting.  I'm assuming that would be consider a kit.

well if the other side is good, i'm not going to ask them to expose the car paint, to match the other side.

Archived